Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.Provides daily ongoing deployment, configuration, support, administration, maintenance and technical solutions to various technology components that make up the IT Infrastructure environment.
1. Develops or modifies IT Infrastructure to meet business objectives.
2. Maintain and implement technical solutions, specifications, and documentation for various sized projects or daily support initiatives.
3. Works with stakeholders, system owners and internal customers to produce requirements, determine feasibility, analyze cost/benefits requirements, and recommend design solution options.
4. Provide technical support for system owners and internal users with varying levels of IT knowledge.
5. Completes routine preventative measures and maintains/monitoring network security.
Bachelor's degree in Information Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Job related certifications such as Red Hat System Administrator, Engineer, or Architect are a plus.
Experienced with RedHat Linux, Java, and PostgreSQL.
1. 5+ years in Linux technologies: RedHat 6-8, SELinux, PAM, Gluster, IP tables, bash scripting, perl, postfix, SSH, sudoers, various syslogs. Proficient with various shell commands such as vim, sed, tar, scp, awk, sudo, rsync, and others.
2. Java system administration and tuning.
3. PostgreSQL and Oracle database server administration.
NICE TO HAVE:
1. Networking: Cisco switching, routing, firewalls, IPS. DNS, DHCP, F5 WAFs and load balancers
2. VMWare administration
3. Windows technologies: Server 2012-2019, AD, SQL Server, PowerShell
4. AWS cloud
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Strong analytical, judgment and problem solving skills.
2. Strong oral and written communication skills.
3. Strong interpersonal skills, will interact with technical and non-technical staff.
4. Strong documentation and time management skills
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Corporate Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: