Southern New Hampshire University is seeking a Senior Application Support Analyst. The Information Technology Services BaSIS team seeks a Senior Application Support Analyst for SNHU’s Student Information System. The Senior Application Support Analyst acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community, providing support services to ensure the effective and secure operation of the Colleague Student Information System. This position will participate in SNHU’s transformation from Colleague to Banner 9 by Ellucian, and transition to support the new platform. The ideal candidate will have strong subject matter expertise in both Colleague and Banner functional modules, the SIS ancillary applications (Informer, Evisions Argos, TouchNet), and the Ethos Ellucian Framework. The primary responsibility is to provide Tier-2 and Tier-3 support for complex application issues, working with technology partners to determine root-cause and affect resolution in a timely manner, keeping business partners informed and setting expectations. The ability to communicate and collaborate with business and ITS partners is essential in this role.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Provide subject matter expertise and advanced level SIS application support to all levels of university staff
- Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems
- Collaborate with business partners and other ITS teams to provide analysis and input into solutions and to help troubleshoot complex incidents/problems
- Provide Tier-2 and Tier-3 administrative and technical services for the enterprise SIS, including, but not limited to user privileges and global parameter maintenance
- Review and test new functionality, patches, and releases prior to deployment
- Evaluate customized solutions and develop approaches collaboratively with business teams on how to best leverage delivered SIS functionality, minimize customizations, and maximize benefits across the enterprise environment.
- Document departmental procedures and decisions in knowledgebase
- Enable peers, technology partners, and business partners with instruction and job aids as needed to ensure proper understanding and use of systems
- Work with functional users and ITS support teams to review current business processes, redesign business processes, and document best practices.
- May participate in technology projects with large scope and university-wide impact when SIS expertise is needed
- Coordinate and lead meetings, document requirements, facilitate and track work activities.
- Participate in strategy and resource planning to anticipate demand for implementation and support services
- Drive results and maximize value by staying current with Ellucian Banner product/service enhancements, roadmap, and platform upgrades
- Keep informed of trends in software and hardware that would enhance the functionality of the department and the institution.
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and practices
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Job duties and responsibilities can change at any time, with or without notice.
- Minimum 5 years professional information technology related experience in the Higher Ed industry
- Bachelor’s Degree(s) in a business/ computer related field
- Strong technical and functional experience working with the Ellucian Banner and/or Colleague Student Information System, preferably in a Higher Education setting (college/university)
- Prior work experience in a Student Services environment including any of the following major areas: Student Records, Admissions, Registration, Student Accounts, Academic Records, Advising, Financial Aid, Student A/R, and Core.
- Knowledge of higher education core business processes
- Understands application and technical concepts, functionality and capabilities
- Ability to partner with software engineers and business partners to identify impacts and resolutions
- Ability to understand database systems, integration, design and reporting functionality
- Experience leading projects and project teams
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organization and communications skills
- Self-motivated, results-driven and well organized
- Experience working in an environment that adheres to security and compliance standards
- Able to work effectively in a fast-pace, changing environment
- Experience in ITIL framework, processes and operating procedures
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile methodology
- Knowledge of Ellucian Ethos Framework, TouchNet, DegreeWorks, Evisions Argos, Cognos, or Workflow
- Experience with Oracle RDMS, SQL query language, and PL/SQL
Typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with flexibility to meet business demands as needed.
A background check is required for employment.
Why Join SNHU?
Ours is a dynamic environment where innovation is encouraged—and ideas are welcomed. We believe in one another’s potential, and we focus on creating a positive community where collaboration, belonging, and growth are valued.
SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives, and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance, and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of learners.
As a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. Therefore, we are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all of our employees feel welcomed, valued, and empowered. We’re proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since it's inception.
By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we’ll shape the future of education by transforming lives—beginning with yours.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: