About the Role:
Director, Database Infrastructure Management is responsible for providing leadership, strategic vision, and delivering results across the Database Administration Team of Windstream Communications which supports 1K+ databases (Oracle, Oracle Exadata,SQL and IDMS) with a motion to PostgreSQL underway. This leader will ensure that the overall DB architecture is designed and operating to support our Always On objectives across all applications. Developing a mindset across the team for proactive outreach and drive to mitigate issues which may result in performance issues. Beside strategic planning, other key roles for this position include: strong technical knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS); mentors junior level staff; acts as project leader for database design; evaluates and selects platform/structure for major or wide impact applications; provides direction in troubleshooting and diagnosing database problems; utilizes tools creatively to diagnose and resolve problems; Strong communication & collaboration skills a must, in order to partner across IT verticals and leadership team. Understands key cross-industry service delivery opportunities; research current and emerging technologies; develop standards; participate in Disaster Recovery planning and execution; proficient in Unix and MS Windows Operating Systems functions. This position interacts closely with other areas within the IT organization especially Applications support, System Administrators, Application Developers, and the Command Center.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Previous Management level experience in the infrastructure space
- 6 years as an Oracle and/or SQL Server DBA
- Proficient in Unix and Windows Operating System and scripting.
- Expert in current releases of Oracle and/or SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or SQL Server administration and utility tools.
- Proficient in diagnosing and troubleshooting complex system issues related to applications and database.
- Demonstrated ability to be a technical lead for mid to large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Proficient in management and upgrade of Oracle/SQL Server/DB2.
- Customer Focused
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
College degree in a Technical or related field and 10 years professional level experience with 3-5 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 14 years professional level related Technical experience with 3-5 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience desired.
EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and veteran status. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: