BPM Application Developer
BPM Application Developer
Ann Arbor, MI, USA Virtual Req #829
Tuesday, August 11, 2020
Buying a home is the cornerstone of the American dream, yet the process can be complicated and confusing. That’s why Homepoint is on a mission to create financially healthy, happy homeowners.
Homepoint Is a rising star in the mortgage industry with a culture that encourages community, caring, and open communication. We want our Associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special is our people-first operating philosophy, “We Care”.
Homepoint is the third-largest wholesale lender and the 12th largest correspondent lender in the U.S. We are headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI and offer positions throughout the nation with over 2,500 Associates and 300,000 serviced customers.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop your career, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
As part of the Business Process Automation team, the BPM Application Developer will be responsible for design, development, testing, and implementation of process-centric and case management solutions based on Appian software. You will participate in a small agile team driving to deliver value driven applications to align with Home Point Financials strategic goals.
- Partner with small agile team throughout the entire life cycle of projects to define, design, build and implement business process-based solutions.
- Design and implement metrics to optimize and manage business processes following initial implementations.
- Collaborate with Product and Process Owners to challenge business stakeholders to creatively automate processes with new solutions and approaches.
- Leverage standard process improvement tools to ensure delivery of solutions meeting business needs and addressing all root cause issues.
- Design and build new data models to support application needs.
- Facilitate requirements discovery and grooming sessions with business subject matter experts to document user stories with agreed upon acceptance criteria.
- Actively participate in all Agile Scrum ceremonies.
- Complete peer review and quality testing of team members completed tasks.
- Operate within a governance framework to ensure appropriate change management processes are met.
- Provide support for all applications in production by reviewing incoming issues, performing triage, and recommending paths to resolution.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree required in Finance, Business, or Technology
- 2+ years of experience in a technical role delivering process automation solutions
- 2+ years of Mortgage Industry experience preferred
- Appian Platform development experience preferred
- Experience working in an agile environment in a fast-moving, cross-disciplinary team
- Knowledge and experience in key concepts related to Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of software testing practices
- Experience designing data schemas and models
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL is preferred
- Six Sigma certification or related process improvement methodology experience preferred
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Creative thinker with sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
We offer a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, together with an innovative and progressive approach to benefits. It is our goal to provide our associates an exciting, dynamic, desirable place to work. Our ambitious business plan and its success hinges on the ability to find great people and provide an environment that fully engages, retains, and leverages the potential of top talent. As such, HPFC provides development opportunities to all our associates, with a curriculum geared towards providing an informed view of multiple career paths. We have an owner-operator approach and when HPFC succeeds, so do our associates.
It is Home Point Financial Corporation’s policy not to discriminate in employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or other applicable law.
We offer a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, together with an innovative and progressive approach to benefits. It is our goal to provide our associates an exciting, dynamic, desirable place to work. Our ambitious business plan and its success hinges on the ability to find great people and provide an environment that fully engages, retains and leverages the potential of top talent. As such, Homepoint provides development opportunities to all our associates, with a curriculum geared towards providing an informed view of multiple career paths. We have an owner-operator approach and when Homepoint succeeds, so do our associates.
Homepoint is a national multi-channel mortgage originator and servicer. The company brings an innovative approach to lending, focusing on speed, quality and consistency for customers and partners. Uniquely, Homepoint retains over 95% of originated loans for in-house servicing, a cornerstone to its Customer for Life approach. The company was founded in 2015 and headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. For more Information visit homepoint.com
Homepoint is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting