Insurity is a leading property and casualty insurance software and data analytics providers, working with some of the world’s largest insurers, brokers, and MGAs, including 15 of the top 25 P&C carriers in the US. With 900+ team members globally, 10 office locations, and 300+ customers, we have a deep understanding of the insurance business, unparalleled technology expertise, and a singular focus of delivering a simplified insurance experience to our customers.
We are currently looking to fill the following position:
Are you a self-motivated individual who enjoys exercising independent judgement? Do you have an analytical approach in creatively solving problems? Do you thrive working collaboratively as a member of the team? Do you take pride in your work, have attention to detail and exhibit a professional image?
The InsurTech space is booming and this is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a strong desire to develop technical and business knowledge relative to insurance processing.
As part of the Professional Services organization, you will leverage your strong SQL skills to assist our project teams in delivering configurable content to our ConceptOne™ customers. As a Technical Specialist, you will apply your knowledge of project methodology, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the customer’s investment in our software by generating and compiling business, functional, and/or technical requirements.
- Participate in solution analysis and design of the ConceptOne™ software solution.
- Configure complex and custom software solutions based on design documentation in accordance with estimates.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert across assigned projects.
- Contribute as needed to the development of customer-focused documentation for software solutions (e.g. wireframes, use cases, business rules, etc.).
- Develop and execute unit tests for configuration changes and assigned use cases and provide support during User Acceptance Testing.
- Proactively identify and escalate risks in project work, including proposed solutions, in a timely manner.
- Accurately report on status of assigned work to Project Leadership.
- Build and reinforce Professional Services best practices and methodologies.
- custom datasources used for Merge Documents and Forms Generation.
- custom reports and data extracts using Appeon Infomaker.
- data feeds using SQL Stored Procedures and Functions.
- custom integrations with various external applications using our API/SDK.
- Support projects requiring the conversion of custom Appeon Adaptive Server Anywhere SQL syntax to Microsoft SQL Server compliant syntax.
- Provide technical support on projects as needed for configuration, setup, and testing of various deliverables for a project.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field (equivalent work experience may be considered).
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with requirements analysis, design, configuration, and implementation of software solutions.
- Solid SQL skills including familiarity with SQL Server.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time, and effectively prioritize and execute under pressure.
- Comfortable working as a remote team member.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral English communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% with occasional work outside of regular business hours*.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Appeon Adaptiver Server Anywhere or similar, as well as report writing tools using a SQL database.
- Experience with MS Office suite particularly with Excel and Access.
- Familiarity with XML is a plus.
- Insurance knowledge is a strong asset.
Collaborative Culture | Flexible Hours | Growth Opportunities
Day 1 Health Insurance Coverage | Open PTO
Location: This position will be Remote (US or Montréal, CA).
- Travel: Any roles that involve travel are not to be expected to resume until further notice due to COVID-19.
Does Insurity sound like the right place for you? Send us your application and a cover letter highlighting what sets you apart from the nice-to-haves and makes you a must-have for our team!
Thank you for your interest in Insurity; only those candidates selected will be contacted.
Insurity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: