Data Scientist I - Generalist
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT OCHIN!
OCHIN is dedicated to creating a healthier future in every community. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices.
Here at OCHIN, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. OCHIN believes that each individual, no matter their background or zip code, should have fair opportunity to achieve their full health potential. Our work addresses differences in health that are systemic, avoidable, and unjust. This mission sets us apart from other health technology organizations.
Over the last 20 years, we’ve grown from a small start-up to one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. We are curious, collaborative learners who strive to live our values everyday: leadership, collaboration, excellence, innovation, inclusion and stewardship. At OCHIN we partner, learn, innovate, and advocate in order to close the gap in health for individuals and communities negatively impacted by structural, unconscious, or overt inequities.
The Research Data Scientist is primarily responsible for supporting data science concepts and processes for research projects and proposals that utilize data science methods. This role also leads or assists others in the technical implementation of data science processes, data warehouses, and other aspects of data management.
- Provide expertise and support in Data Science to funded research studies, grant proposals, and other projects
- Work with and advise investigators in various aspects of Data Science
- Database administration, including management of user security, software installation and maintenance, database modeling and management, and performance tuning
- Manage Research Data Warehouse, including development and maintenance of ETL functions, data standards
- Create and maintain SQL ETL scripts for importing data into warehouse
- Provide expertise in data concepts to all team members as well as outside partners
- Support Senior Research Data Scientist in their duties
- Support grant proposal development
- Manage and support statistical software server(s) for the OCHIN team of analysts
- Create reports from data warehouse and other data sources for variety of purposes
- Master's level computer science or health-related degree or the equivalent
- Knowledge of a variety of predictive analytics and machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge and experience in statistical, predictive analytics, and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in building and managing data warehouses (data warehousing and data warehouse automation)
- Experience in data modeling, database administration and performance tuning
- Experience working with complex relational databases and advanced knowledge of SQL, ETL, and OLAP coding
- At least 2 years of experience working with health care data (EHR, claims, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge and experience in writing and tuning SQL code
- Skills in database design, development, management, modeling, and warehousing
- Highly proficient in SQL and other statistical programming languages, e.g., R, Python, SAS
- Ability to work with unstructured data
- Create and maintain technical documentation related to research data science and processes
- Maintain professional development, including keeping up with current data science knowledge through trainings, study group meetings, seminars, and professional conferences
- Partner with other OCHIN departments and affiliated research institutions, as appropriate
Work Location and Travel Requirements
- All OCHIN positions are 100% remote. Work from home requirements are:
- Ability to work independently and efficiently from a home office environment.
- High Speed Internet Service.
- It is a requirement that employees work in a distraction free workplace.
- Travel may be required based on business requirements for OCHIN Go-Live events, 1-2 trips per year.
We offer a comprehensive range of benefits. See our website for details: https://ochin.org/employment-openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement
OCHIN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills for the benefit of our staff, our mission, and the communities we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, OCHIN, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital or civil union status, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting