Lead Software Engineer - API
Marina Del Rey or Remote / Engineering / Full-Time
Competitive + Stock Options + Full Benefits
LeaseLock helps the world find home.
We are the world’s leading insurtech platform for real estate. We insure over $1B in leases. Our customers include real estate behemoths like Greystar, Cushman Wakefield, Avenue5 Residential, Goldman Sachs, and TruAmerica. We recently closed a $52M Series B backed by world class investors including SoftBank Venture Asia, Westerly Winds, and Wildcat Venture Partners.
LeaseLock saw 400% growth in 2020 with more than 1.5M homes on our platform. We want to keep that momentum going—which is where you come in!
As a Lead Software Engineer, you promote new partnerships through a developer API. Your work makes it easy for external teams to quote and bind insurance coverage in real-time. You thrive in an open culture. You listen to everyone equally. You collaborate with warmth and positivity. Empathy guides your decision making. You take action, and adapt the plan to do the right thing. In the near future, you aspire to manage a team or continue growth as a Principal Engineer. You report to the VP of Engineering in Marina Del Rey.
Role is open to remote candidates within the US.
- Launch a new product line at LeaseLock!
- Build a developer API to expose a subset of LeaseLock's internal services
- Create documentation that makes integration with LeaseLock clear and easy
- Communicate with partners through Slack, email, and meetings
- Implement performance monitoring and profiling
- Maintain 99.99% uptime and low error rates
- Work with Product to expand use of LeaseLock's API
- Designed, built, and maintained a public API
- Built highly available, low-latency web applications at scale
- Managed financial data and PII in a tightly regulated industry
- Worked with AWS, SQL, and "serverless" computing
- Collaborated with Engineers through version control and peer reviews
- Written documentation for teams to build end-to-end solutions without consultation
- Been a developer advocate
- Presented technical solutions to non-technical partners in plain English
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience in a professional setting
- We hope to meet Senior, Lead, and Principal–level candidates
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k matching
- Unlimited vacation time
- Equity in a venture-backed company
- Opportunity to build a brand from the ground up
- Help make a difference in housing affordability in America
About the Interview Process:
All interviews will be conducted remotely through video conference. You will meet the CTO, Director of Product, and other Engineers to understand LeaseLock culture and your product. Work samples provided through GitHub are encouraged. Willingness to complete a short take-home coding exercise is appreciated.
Our mission is to help the world find home.
LeaseLock is the world’s leading insurtech platform for real estate. Our flagship lease insurance product leverages artificial intelligence to eliminate security deposits from enterprise operating infrastructure—powering a faster, simpler, more affordable rental transaction. LeaseLock seamlessly deploys within the native online leasing checkout, resulting in significant conversion lift—while instantly generating industry-leading coverage for the property on every lease.
LeaseLock has insured over $1 billion in leases backed by insurance rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best. Our global investors include SoftBank Ventures Asia, Wildcat Ventures, Westerly Winds, Vertex Ventures US, Liberty Mutual Strategic Ventures, American Family Ventures, Moderne Ventures, and Mucker Capital.
LeaseLock is committed to creating an inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We focus on equality. We believe in the diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other traits that make us different.
Powered by JazzHR
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: