Senior SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA)
Thursday, February 11, 2021
At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
What you'll do here:
- Assume the Subject Matter Expert role for established and new Database technologies within the Jackson Hewitt Technical Infrastructure.
- Architects, designs and deploys new, or modifications to, databases SQL databases.
- Create new database clusters and be responsible for HA/DR Solutions using AlwaysOn, Replication, Log shipping etc. for business continuity and data growth.
- Supports SQL Server databases and ensures their performance, availability and security.
- Develops the logical data model and the conversion of the logical model into the relational database model.
- Provides leadership in the development, management, documentation and execution of business recovery strategies.
- Leads and manages all data integrity and database tuning.
- Responsible for data purging, archiving and retrieval as it relates to data stored in SQL Server.
- Accountable for the uptime, performance and overall health of all SQL Servers and supporting systems and infrastructure.
- Plans and implements upgrades, ensuring system integrity and monitoring and establishing security protocols.
- Ensures availability and performance of the databases.
- Participates in the creation of both the logical and physical data models.
- Proactively monitors the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Manages SQL server security.
- Troubleshoots and problem solves SQL development and SQL server production issues.
- Troubleshoot performance issues and suggest/implement optimizations.
- Creates setup and monitors all SQL server jobs.
- Operationalize complex technical implementations by developing documentation, scripts, runbooks and conducting regular knowledge transfer sessions with operational support staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years experience as a DBA with MS SQL Server with solid experience playing senior level roles preferred.
- 5+ years experience tuning SQL in MS SQL platforms
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, statistics and related performance impacts.
- Experience managing high volume, high concurrency environments and multi-TB OLTP databases.
- Experience designing and deploying automated alerts when errors occur, or performance moves below tolerable thresholds.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models (native tools and Quest LiteSpeed)
- Experience working in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server, including Always-on and clustering techniques / configurations.
- Experience working with Windows server including Active Directory security objects and storage configurations.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of data warehouse design using dimension/fact-based models preferred.
- Experience with SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS.
- Experience with SQL Server Monitoring tools. SentryOne a plus.
- Experience with Windows PowerShell a plus.
- Experience with Splunk a plus.
- Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 21 Days Paid Time Off + 11 Paid Holidays
- 401k + Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Pet Insurance
- Company Celebrations and Appreciation Events
- Fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
- Freedom to create your best work and make a visible impact on the organization
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
- Pay Type
- Employment Indicator
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: