Programmer Developer I - SQL Database Administrator
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT OCHIN!
OCHIN is dedicated to creating a healthier future in every community. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices.
Here at OCHIN, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. OCHIN believes that each individual, no matter their background or zip code, should have fair opportunity to achieve their full health potential. Our work addresses differences in health that are systemic, avoidable, and unjust. This mission sets us apart from other health technology organizations.
Over the last 20 years, we’ve grown from a small start-up to one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. We are curious, collaborative learners who strive to live our values everyday: leadership, collaboration, excellence, innovation, inclusion and stewardship. At OCHIN we partner, learn, innovate, and advocate in order to close the gap in health for individuals and communities negatively impacted by structural, unconscious, or overt inequities.
The Programmer/Developer I is responsible for assisting in designing, developing, enhancing, and maintaining the Epic SQL servers and databases.
- #1 responsibility is high quality support for our clinic membership.
- SQL development and SDLC.
- Database development and maintenance:
- Assist in designing and implementing new database schemas.
- Design, implement and maintain database stored procedures.
- Optimize batch processing.
- Assist in designing and implementing strategies for assuring data quality.
- Participate in database related code review.
- Systems administration:
- Assist with the management of OCHIN SQL backups.
- Administer organizational Red-Gate SQL product licenses.
- Administer Data Services team GitHub repositories.
- In cooperation with other OCHIN teams:
- Assist with installation and configuration of SQL Servers.
- Investigate and troubleshoot SQL performance issues.
- Assist with updating and upgrading SQL Server instances.
- Assist with SQL-related VM migrations and systems-level maintenance.
- Respond to SQL-related ticket escalations.
- Business Objects Enterprise management:
- Apply version upgrades and patches.
- Perform troubleshooting.
- Perform routine maintenance and monitoring.
- Clarity Replication management:
- Perform routine maintenance and monitoring.
- Complete new subscriber implementations.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of functional and technical requirements documents.
- Assist with technical process and business process documentation.
- Participate in internal process improvement projects.
- Provide technical support to OCHIN members (ticket-based support).
- Participate in informal internal training as part of ongoing team improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree with focus in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of programming experience, healthcare clinical data experience is desired.
- Epic Clarity Certification required (if not currently certified, would expect certification within 6 months of starting).
- C#, .Net, SQL (ANSI or other) and Object-Oriented Development skills is desired.
- Familiar with TFS, SVN or another version control is desired.
- Debugging, troubleshooting, and documenting skills.
- Knowledge of data transforms from any industry desired, healthcare data transform experience preferred.
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems is preferred.
- Exposure to MSSQL, Visual Studio and other Microsoft products desired.
- Solid knowledge of systems development methodologies including design, development, coding, testing and implementation (e.g. Agile, Scrum, XP).
Desired Professional Certifications:
- MS SQL certifications.
- Any HL7, Java, SOAP/Web services Credentials or Certifications.
Work Location and Travel Requirements
- This position is 100% remote. Work from home requirements are:
- Ability to work independently and efficiently from a home office environment.
- High Speed Internet Service.
- It is a requirement that employees work in a distraction free workplace.
- Travel may be required based on business requirements for OCHIN Go-Live events, 1-2 trips per year
We offer a comprehensive range of benefits. See our website for details: https://ochin.org/employment-openings
Equal Opportunity Statement
OCHIN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills for the benefit of our staff, our mission, and the communities we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, OCHIN, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital or civil union status, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting