Identifies, designs, documents, creates and maintain software applications supporting all business functions.
Interacts with business and/or user community to gather and analyze requirements.
Provides application design and development based on industry standards.
Leads the development of computer applications to support WGL operations.
Communicates with other units within WGL to understand and support changing business processes.
Works with outside vendors to integrate external and internal business processes.
Follows proper processes and documentation requirements for all inputs and assumptions.
Performs unit testing for software components, programs, applications, and database interfaces.
Troubleshoots and resolves incidents in the production environment.
Information technology, business, or a quantitative or Bachelor's Degree
5+ Years Experience in programming and application
4+ Years Direct experience with Core Java Development, Java Spring Framework, REST APIs, Web Services.
3+ Years Hands-on experience in Oracle SQL or PL/SQL, or MS SQL
Server, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, X and views creation.
Experience with web scraping tools such as Selenium for
Java. Experience with PDF parsing. Knowledge of .NET C#, Excel VBA.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated strong application design, database modeling, and project management skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of the SDLC process and the ability to manage/promote it.
Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and implement complex business processes and technical solutions while managing to a schedule.
Demonstrated ability to be creative while performing in a fast- paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and as well as a member of a team, working with all levels of staff within an organization.
Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business groups, supervisors, and peers.
Demonstrated ability to present ideas logically and concisely to diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Ability to communicate concisely and understandably.
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to shift priorities readily.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to ask questions to gather information.
Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different
- Ability to assess circumstances/information and make sound decisions.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term basis (longer than one month).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain a high degree of productivity.
Ability to make decisions which impact the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Ability to complete routine forms, use existing form letters and/or conduct routine oral communication.
Ability to compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical
Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone, computer or other electronic device; requires
- ability to hear and speak effectively on phone and to use a computer or other electronic device.
Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others
- accurately and effectively.
- Ability to make informal presentations, inside and/or outside the organization and to speak before groups.
Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications of limited scope or
- impact, etc., and/or to make presentations outside the immediate work area.
- Ability to compute, analyze and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
Ability to compute, analyze and interpret complex statistical data and/or to develop forecasts and computer
- Some mathematical ability is required.
Come as you are! FedGeek is an equal opportunity employer. Our employment decisions are based on business needs and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. FedGeek is a progressive and open-minded company that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Programming and Application Development: 5 years (Required)
- Core Java Dev., Java Spring Framework, REST APIs, Web SVCS.: 4 years (Required)
- Oracle SQL/PL,MS SQL Srvr&stored procs,functions,etc.: 3 years (Required)
- Web scraping tool,. PDF parsing. .NET C#, Excel VBA: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: