Piper Companies Enterprise Solutions is seeking a Credit Risk Data Scientist to join the nation’s 3rd largest credit union located in Tysons, VA. The Credit Risk Data Scientist offers Remote work and will have the opportunity to provide statistical input for the development and implementation of policies, plans, and programs related to credit origination and portfolio monitoring.
Responsibilities of the Credit Risk Data Scientist include:
Interact with and advises Management regarding credit risk issues; formulates product strategy recommendations and evaluates the risk in the overall loan portfolio
- Design and develop credit & pricing models that drive automated lending decisions for hundreds of thousands of people every month
- Leverage multiple complex data sources such as credit bureau reports, and customer supplied information at large scale to optimize approve / decline and credit line assignment decisions
- Keeps informed of new ideas and academic research within the industry, best practices, and regulatory developments through publications, membership in professional organizations and contact with other financial institutions
Qualifications for the Credit Risk Data Scientist include:
Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline and at least 3 years of related work experience in building statistical models and advanced data analysis
- Advanced programming skills to include knowledge of statistical and visualization tools (e.g. SQL, SAS, SPSS, R, Tableau, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Applied experience with Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, Time Series Analysis, Decision Trees, and Cluster Analysis
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and implement rapid changes in project direction
Compensation for the Credit Risk Data Scientist include:
Salary Range: Jr-Mid level ($90,000-$115,000) Managerial level ($130,000-$150,000) **depending on experience
- Comprehensive medical, vision, dental, disability, life insurance, and other voluntary benefits.
- Offer a 401(k)/Thrift Savings Retirement Plan with an employer match and immediate vesting.
- Remote during and post COVID (willing to work west coast hours (PST))
Keywords: Data science, data scientist, data, math, economics, modeling, data models, jupyter, doctorate, notebooks, Periscope, remote, PTO, Holiday, flexible, SAS, R, Python, statistics, stats, PhD, masters, linear, regression, time series, logistics, cluster analysis, benefits, vacation, 401K, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, Analyst, Risk Analyst, Credit Risk, Data Management, Ad-hoc, Risk Model, Masters Degree, MS Degree, SQL, Tableau, Excel, PowerPoint, analysis, Data Mining, Consumer lending, database, audits, fraud risk, optimization, programming
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: