Windstream is looking for an IT Security professional to join our team. A core function of this position is to interact with multiple teams and support multiple tools and processes related to user access, user provisioning, log reviews, projects and audits.
- May require installation of software, updates, enhancements, temporary fixes
- Coordinates and plans disaster recovery activities for Security.
- Performs security audits on multiple IT environments (OS390 mainframe, AS400, UNIX, Windows, Oracle Database, Active Directory) and documents discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Understanding and enforcement of security policies and processes
- Update department documentation as required
- Back up support for Analyst I duties, trouble-shooting, and training
- Performs log monitoring, reporting, analysis, and resolution of user activity/violations in multiple server environments.
- Serves as a technical resource for IT security development and implementation of projects
- (Develop project plans, requirement documentation, test plans, change requests, and communication to users).
- Periodically work off hours to support project schedules or system support.
- On-call rotation
- Adheres to all Windstream and IT policies and procedures
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experienced in application support or other technical IT/Security discipline.
- Working knowledge of PCI and IT General Controls preferred.
- Working knowledge of UNIX admin commands preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle, MS Windows, MS SQL, VPN/CorpRAS/RSA is a plus.
- Analytical/Problem solving skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Self-motivated and directed; strong time management and organizational skills
- Confident and assertive personality, comfortable leading meetings or work group sessions.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
College degree in a Technical or related field and 2-4 years professional level experience; or 6 years professional level related Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.
EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and veteran status. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: