**THIS POSITION HAS THE POTENTIAL OF BEING ONSITE AT OUR CORPORATE OFFICE OR VIRTUAL.**
Hayes Software Systems is a dynamic, well-established, and rapidly growing, software/SAAS company in the education vertical.
We want to help you build a stable career and future, but we also want you to have fun while you do it. That’s why we offer robust benefits like a 401(k) with company matching and perks like an open work environment, casual dress, free snacks/drinks, free parking, and regularly scheduled social events.
Combining our established reputation with a culture often associated with startups makes Hayes an environment for talented, energetic, and ambitious people to thrive. We are just getting started.
The ETL/Integration Team at Hayes is responsible for integrating customer data with the Hayes cloud solutions. The Data Integration Tech Lead will ensure we are getting high quality and current data from the source systems, and that this data is reliably uploaded to the Hayes products’ cloud in a uniform format that can be consumed by Hayes’ customers. This role is essential in helping Hayes’ customers quickly and successfully utilize our cloud-based asset management solutions to drive results for business.
The ideal candidate would possess several skill sets including proficiency with data technologies, SQL and C#, passion for data analytics, and excellent communication skills.
You will be working alongside with customer support/success staff and business analysts to retrieve customer data and understand the customer’s data structures and semantics. You will use your data analytics and SQL capabilities to transform the data and upload it to the Hayes cloud solution using industry best practices and the best-of-breed tools and technologies. You will be working with the Hayes Customer Success team to ensure that the data is of the highest possible quality, and with the Hayes Product Engineering team to integrate into the Hayes data pipeline.
This is a fantastic role for a data geek with awesome communication and lead skills, who wants to jump into an extremely fast-cycle deployment world. Your energy and enthusiasm to continuously improve, lead, work and grow alongside our high-trajectory team are essential!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, enhance, maintain and debug new and existing ETL integration applications using SSIS, T-SQL and C#.
- Mentor existing ETL team members on improving the tools, technologies, processes, best practices and quality of ETLs - strive towards continuous improvement
- Evaluate existing ETL integrations tools & technologies, and suggest and implement areas of improvement and automation. Improve quality, development/delivery speed and velocity of ETLs
- Interact with internal stakeholders and customers over voice, video, email and instant messaging to gather and document integration requirements, changes, issues and roadmaps
- Create, analyze, test, debug, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot data pipelines that Extract/Clean, Transform, Aggregate unorganized customer data, and Load it into our customers' products' databases.
- Provide production support of existing ETL processes, SSIS packages and T-SQL code
- Ability to deliver full lifecycle ETL projects for clients including Data modeling, Metadata management, design and configuration of matching and merging rules, design and configuration of standardizing, cleansing and deduplication rules.
- SQL Development (Tables, Views, Relationships, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Functions, Jobs, Agents, Dynamic SQL queries, Complex SQL syntax, Query Profiler, etc.)
- Developing and maintaining C#/.NET applications and services as part of integrations, such as those developed for the SSIS Script Task. This especially includes GET-ing and POST-ing to 3rd party secure REST web services from SSIS.
- Collaborate with integration and product development teams in Agile Scrum and Kanban models to deliver customer requirements
- Communicate technical concepts to both technical and nontechnical audiences
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years’ experience as a data engineer (working with databases and data pipelines)
- Proficiency with SQL Server, SSIS, T-SQL and C#
- Knowledge of file transfer protocols and API integration
- Knowledge of JSON, XML and other file formats
- Ability to mentor team members or tools, technologies and best practices
- Ability to learn systems and business processes quickly
- Demonstrated experience working with ERP systems and other business systems
- Experience with data pipeline engineering
- Good understanding of data design principles
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Exceptional written/verbal/interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel ability to listen, clarify and respond well to questions
- Proven ability to effectively interface with customers
- High level of productivity, reliability, responsibility, attendance, dependability, organization and accuracy/thoroughness
- Ability to take initiative to meet challenges with resourcefulness and new innovative approaches while maintaining a high level of quality
- A passion for teamwork, service and reaching business results through problem solving
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to clearly articulate, document and communicate problems and resolution plans
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
Nice to Have
- Build and run local C#/.NET code and projects (outside of the SSIS environment)
Benefits and Perks
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Profit-sharing plan
- 10+ days paid time off
- 10+ paid company holidays
- Paid volunteer day - "School Giving Day."
- Paid day off for birthday
Powered by JazzHR
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: