- It is expected that the person in the role will work close to US East Coast hours during their normal workday. This position can be fully remote in the US.
Wiser is the leading provider of actionable data for better decisions. Wiser collects and analyzes online and in-store data with unmatched speed, scale and accuracy. The Wiser platform then blends these insights with advanced workflow software to drive business value for brands and retailers. Using a unique combination of data science and human validation, Wiser offers integrated solutions for every aspect of retail, all in one place.
Wiser Solutions began in 2013 with the idea that better data should lead to better decisions. Our mission is to capture the data that our brand and retailer customers cannot get themselves, to analyze and present insight to these customers in near-real time, and to integrate into the daily workflow of these customers to drive decisions that increase revenue, reduce costs, and give them the edge over their competition.
We are a mission-critical part of our customers’ businesses. Having a rock-solid infrastructure that they can trust and rely upon is critical to both our success and their success. Our infrastructure team is core to enabling our engineering teams to deliver that top-notch quality of service. We are looking for a principal level software engineer to join this team. This person will help set & lead the technical vision for our infrastructure, observability, site reliability, and software release pipeline. We are looking for someone with the passion to evangelize DevOps principles, drive collaboration, mentor other engineers, and roll up their sleeves and write some code.
What you will do:
- Be a thought leader – help drive technical direction
- Build relationships – show our engineers the value of DevOps thinking & culture
- Improve our SLAs – drive robustness and resilience as we scale our systems
- Build our platform – create the tools that make our engineering teams more productive and able to own their work all the way through to production
- Implement best practices regarding system security measures
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ years of professional software engineering experience within an infrastructure team
- Proficiency with managing Linux servers and comfort at the command line
- Strong experience with designing, building and managing large-scale AWS environments
- Experience with multiple tools in the modern DevOps toolkit
- Experience designing, deploying and supporting a true cloud-native system
- Proven ability to learn quickly, make pragmatic decisions, and adapt to changing business needs
- Proven ability to provide strategic technical leadership
- Demonstrated project development and leadership skills
- Focus on results: shipping software that matters to the company and the customer
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable work attendance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
Technologies We Use:
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic, PagerDuty
- GitHub, Github Actions, Github Packages
- Node.js, Java, Python, Postgres, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Event Store
- Experience managing large installations for Postgres, MongoDB, or ElasticSearch
- Experience with time series databases or event sourced systems
- Passion for data, analytics, or machine learning (help make our systems learn how to better manage and heal themselves
Other Duties - Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel - Occasionally as needed.
Work Environment - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers/photocopiers.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to sit for prolonged periods of time; balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is required to operate essential office equipment, such as computer/laptop, phone, printer/copier, keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment on a regular basis.
EEO Statement - Wiser Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. EEO is the Law. Click here to view your rights. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Powered by JazzHR
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: