Business Intelligence Developer
Business Intelligence Developer
Portland, OR, USA Virtual Req #54
Tuesday, February 16, 2021
WEST, a Williston Financial Group company, provides technology, data security, and marketing services to the real estate and mortgage industries. The technology solutions and programs offered by WEST streamline the real estate transaction process, increase transparency, and reduce costs for real estate agents, brokerages, title companies, lenders, and the consumers they serve. To learn more or sign up for the service, visit www.westprotect.com.
The Corporate Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is tasked with executing the BI strategy of the Company with the ultimate goal of providing an accurate view of the company’s operations and its progress towards its goals to the business stakeholders at every level of the Company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Become familiar with the business domain of the Company, namely title, escrow, agency operations and claims.
- Utilize the Corporate Master Data strategy across the transactional and accounting systems of the Company.
- Work closely with the Corporate and Divisional Business Analysts to implement accurate, consistent reports for delivery, both on demand and scheduled.
- Develop new, and alter existing reports for seamless transition to new, company-wide transactional system.
- Write and maintain source and business logic documentation (data lineage).
- Assist in technology selection for and enable mobile delivery of corporate and business unit BI.
- Enable ad hoc reporting capabilities for those users with non-standard or advanced needs; design for and enable self-service BI.
- Assure that all security, compliance and regulatory requirements regarding corporate data assets, including personally identifiable / non-public information are implemented correctly in all BI products used in the Company.
- Be able to interact with BI consumers to clearly identify and document business-side requirements.
- Engage in WFG company culture that emphasizes engagement in our 4 Cs, quality of work and high performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess thorough knowledge of the stack of Microsoft BI tools and substantive experience using them in production. Specifically:
- MS SQL Server
- Database Engine
- Reporting Services, Integration Services
- Excel including Power Pivot, Power View, et al, with a view towards self-service
- MS PowerBI
- Ability to work with stakeholders from various levels of the organization and elicit requirements.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Strong analytical and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with employees, partners and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, software design, engineering, information systems, related field or comparable years of experience.
- At least 5 years of MS SQL Server experience (SSRS, SSIS).
- Use the output of Data Quality / Master Data tools.
- Self-organizing and motivational skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task, and retain information specific to the business domain.
- Must pass a criminal history and credit background check.
- Accounting experience.
- BI and MDM development and/or delivery experience in the title insurance and settlement services.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 lbs.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Days and hours of full –time position are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Part-time positions may be considered.
No travel is expected for this position.
- Pay Type
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting