Role: Database Consultant
EDB is the leading worldwide provider of Postgres software and services that enable enterprises to reduce their reliance on costly proprietary solutions and slash their database spend by 80% or more. With powerful performance and security enhancements for PostgreSQL, sophisticated management tools for global deployments and Oracle compatibility, EDB software supports both mission and non-mission critical enterprise applications. More than 2,500 enterprises, governments and other organizations worldwide use EDB software, support, training and professional services to integrate open source software into their existing data infrastructures. EDB provides a range of products, including Postgres Plus Advanced Server, EDB Postgres Enterprise Manager, EDB Failover Manager and EDB xDB Replication Server.
- Provides technical leadership on the implementation of Postgres and the design and implementation of large-scale technical solutions based on business requirements.
Create, articulate, and document a suite of reference architectures that illustrate the breadth of the EDB Postgres Platform in OLTP and OLAP applications under multiple
- Publish blogs, white papers and conference contributions
- Develop and ensure compliance with all system and security audit policies.
- Writes complex programming/scripts.
- Help scope and develop technical proposals to achieve customer needs/targets.
- Deliver Postgres courses over the web and on site.
- Design process for database change management related to migration from other
databases to Postgres
- Tune SQL statements, Optimize stored procedures, Analyze query plans, Write
- Implement Replication, High Availability and Disaster recovery solutions with Postgres
- Implement solutions for Backup/Restore, Management/Monitoing and perform
upgrades and patching
- Guide customers on capacity planning for on premise and on cloud deployments for
bare metal and virtualized environment
- Provide technical leadership to other database consultants
- Have a Bachelor or Masters of Science in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least five years of DBA level experience with Postgres or other major relational databases
- Hands-on experience with leading deployment models (containers, virtual machines, hypervisors, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, etc.)
- Hands on experience with leading public cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure) is a big plus
- Be well versed in SQL
- General system administration and performance skills for Linux, (Ubuntu, Centos, Redhat, or Debian), including scripting languages like BASH, KSH, Python, Perl etc..
- Working knowledge of MS Windows.
- Experience in implementing Postgres STIG implementation, testing, and other vulnerability remediation.
- Proficient with Postgres database management tools like EDB Enterprise Manager (PEM), EDB’s Backup and Recovery Tool (BART)
- Proficient with database tuning and use of Postgres tools such as PgBadger, EDB’s
PgStatsPack, EDB’s DRITA
- Proficient with PostgreSQL replication technologies Binary Streaming Replication, EDB’s xDB Replication, Logical Replication via Slony, Londiste
- Proficient with PostgreSQL networking, HBA and connection pooling (PgBouncer, PgPool) Working knowledge of OLTP/DSS/DW system design
- Have strong time management skills, and the ability to balance multiple coincident demands.
- Prior experience in a consulting or professional service environment.
- Able to travel up to 50%
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and can work with customers directly
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. We’d love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our company’s integrity.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: