Job Title: IT Web Developer Contract (4-6+ months)
Reports to: Director of Information Technology; indirectly to the Executive Director
The North Carolina Board of Physical Therapy Examiners (NCBPTE) was created in 1951 by the General Assembly to establish and maintain minimum standards for the practice of physical therapy to protect the safety and welfare of the citizens of North Carolina. We are located in Raleigh, NC and are currently looking for a contract Information Technology, Web Developer Programmer to work on special projects. This is a 4-6 month contract assignment with renewal options and could be extended with the potential to be converted to a full-time regular position. Must be able to work between the hours of 10:00-4:00 ET.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
This position is responsible for IT special projects identified by the organization and activities that include, but not are not limited to:
- Website planning and design.
- Developing, enhancing and debugging software applications, webpages and other customer facing applications and the NCBPTE website using a variety of technologies.
- Identifies system deficiencies and proposes solutions.
- Works on multiple projects. Communicates with staff and management on projects.
- May work on complex applications and be involved in making recommendations or decisions to meet overall departmental or organizational needs.
- Works with the Directors on the analysis and administrative tasks during planning, design and development of new and existing computer-based applications.
- Keeps the IT Director informed of all activities and projects and need for additional resources.
- Assists other staff as time, knowledge and skills allow
Special Projects may also include:
- NCBPTE website redesign development and programming
- Documentation of all IT requirements
Other activities as assigned and mutually agreed upon with the Director of IT and Executive Director.
Minimum Job Requirements, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or related field and 2+ years of experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple and new projects ensuring timely completion.
- Strong organizational, planning, managerial, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exhibit a courteous and pleasant manner in dealing with the public.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with employees along with external suppliers, sales representatives, representatives of other professional associations and licensure Boards and state administrative staff.
- Ability to read, communicate and interpret IT documents, computer reports and manuals related to the position.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from the general public, current and potential licensees, recruiters, and licensure board staff colleagues.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, analyze information, draw valid conclusions and make recommendations to the IT Director and staff as required.
- Ability to interpret extensive instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Should have significant development experience with:
- Apache Web Server
- SQL and Microsoft SQL Server
NC Board of Physical Therapy Examiners is an equal opportunity employer and offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, and other protected class characteristics.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: