SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN 1
Location: Augusta, GA - Work may be performed remotely at this time. Following the re-opening of our offices after the pandemic, this position will be based out of Augusta, GA office.
Our clients rely on the IT services we provide so they can serve their customers/clients, employ their staff, and add value to their communities. Increasing client confidence through timely, professional, friendly, and knowledgeable remote-support service is paramount to being the IT Leader we strive to be. Additionally, Corsica depends on the efficiency of Service Desk members to keep costs low. The purpose of the Service Desk Technician 1 is to provide client-centered, efficient, and effective level 1 remote support to Corsica clients. The Service Desk Technician 1 helps minimize downtime and the impact of disruptions in client IT environments by providing rapid effective response to reported issues with an emphasis on issues reported via phone. Further, the Service Desk Technician 1 plays a critical role in building client trust by serving as a primary client interface in the reporting and resolution of client technical issues.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Receive, classify, and triage incidents and simple requests. Emphasis on Inbound Call Handling.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents to return service to clients as quickly as possible.
- Implement low risk, well-understood changes that are requested by end-users.
- Follow standard operating procedures as documented in the Knowledge Management System.
- Work with the team and escalate as needed with the assistance of management.
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies through ongoing education.
- Maintain and update system documentation and event records.
Competencies and Qualities
Qualified candidates must meet the following job requirements:
- Able to function effectively in a high-paced environment
- Able to understand the perspective of the client in all service interactions
- Makes effective use of time and complete tasks efficiently and on time
- Able to work with a team, communicate effectively, and have high attention to detail
- Meets client and corporate expectations for attendance, quality, and performance
- Must have intermediate experience with each of the following:
- System hardware, software, and operating systems
- Active Directory and Group Policy administration
- Must have basic experience with each of the following:
- Cloud solutions such as Office 365 and Google Apps
- Networking concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP
- Experience with each of the following is a plus but not required:
- Switches, firewalls, and advanced infrastructure
- Cloud-based data-centers such as Azure and AWS
- Server applications such as SQL Server and RDS
- Voice technologies and phone systems
Education, Experience, and Certifications
- Must have at least a high school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional IT Service Management (ITSM) experience is required.
- Must have at least 1 certification from vendors such as Apple, CompTIA, or Microsoft.
- Associate degree or better is preferred.
- MSP experience is preferred.
This position has no direct reports and is not expected to supervise the work of others. This position may be expected to self-manage time and priorities based on incoming tickets, following Corsica policies and procedures.
In most cases, work will be performed in a climate-controlled office space. Work will require the use of standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, and multi-function printers. The position will be expected to make use of specialized tools and software for troubleshooting and maintaining systems and infrastructure.
Less than 1% travel is expected with this position.
Candidate should be able to lift 20 pounds or more. The position will require sitting for long periods of time and may occasionally require bending, lifting, and driving.
Position Type/Expected Hours
This is a full-time position for five, eight-hour days (40 hours total) per week. A one-hour lunch break is provided. Corsica provides 24x7x365 coverage, so shift times may vary depending on need. Expected shift will be communicated in advance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: