Database Developer The Role
We are looking for a Database developer to design and build a secure and scalable centralized database. You will be responsible for developing, testing, improving, and maintaining new and existing databases.
As a part of our Operations and IT Team, you will work closely with developers to ensure system consistency. You will also collaborate with administrators and vendors to provide technical support and identify new requirements. Communication and organizational skills are key to this position, along with a problem-solving attitude.
You will be responsible for ensuring our database systems run effectively and securely daily.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and build a centralized relational database to support the business.
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests.
- Process and maintain data feeds from various sources via REST API, flat files, and XML/JSON loads.
- Design and build Power Platform solutions (PowerApps, Power Automate, SharePoint Online, and Dataverse, and potentially reporting in Power BI), to automate manual tasks for the various departments in business operations.
- Develop, discuss and recommend technical designs that meet requirements.
- Define and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, diagrams, prototypes, etc.
- Test, debug, and deploy databases and Power Platform solutions.
- Coordinate with others across the organization to build fully integrated systems.
- Analyze business requirements by collaborating with project stakeholders and third-party vendors, studying data usage and work processes.
- Identify opportunities to make business processes more efficient through automation.
- Strong experience working with relational databases and creating schemas that represent and support the business model.
- Strong debugging, problem-solving and investigative skills. The ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages, etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
- Familiar with the Common Data Model and experienced with Microsoft's Dataverse (formerly known as the Common Data Services).
- Experience working with SQL databases.
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- Experience with PowerApps canvas and model apps, Power Automate, and SharePoint Online.
- Experience in configuring PowerApp environments and connectors.
- At least 5 years working as an independent contributor or technical lead on database development
- Professional demeanor including ability to build relationships with vendors, create updates and document technical components and processes
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
We are following all CDC and local government protocols.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Database development: 5 years (Required)
- SQL: 1 year (Required)
- Fully Remote
This Job Is:
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: