Foreign Data Wrapper:
Database Administrator (PostgreSQL)
We are looking for a passionate and highly experienced PostgreSQL DBA to help build the
next-gen data migration and Automation platform on the cloud and assist on-Prem to AWS
migrations from SQL Server and Oracle DB to PostgreSQL.
- You will be responsible for implementation, configuration, maintenance, and
performance of system health for high-concurrency PostgreSQL database systems
ensuring the availability and consistent performance, supporting product development
- Build high-scale data pipelines and data infrastructure for migrating SQL Server and
Oracle DB to PostgreSQL on AWS RDB.
- Specific experience in complex large data architectures using AWS Aurora PostgreSQL
and AWS data lake (S3 and Glue) with IAM roles and KMS key encryption.
- Resolve database performance and scalability issues and implement Performance
Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Design and implement scalable database schemas and configurations, File system
layout, Physical partitioning, Sharding and Replication, incremental backups, Restores,
and recovery models.
- Implement High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for PostgreSQL
- Develop DevOps policies and procedures as it relates to PostgreSQL
- Manage PostgreSQL databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from
development to mission-critical production systems dealing with upgrades.
- Independently analyzes, solves, and corrects issues in real-time, providing problem
- Refines and automates regular processes, tracks issues, and documents changes.
- Assists developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provides on-call support, as part of team rotation, for critical production systems.
- Performs pre-scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after
- Shares domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and
cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Design and implement a complex system to combine and merge data from multiple
database servers into a target database.
- Create complex queries to produce materialized views collating data from multiple
servers based on which server is deemed authoritative for each record.
- Tune performance of source and target servers to ensure performance is maintained
even after replication/merge engine is added.
- You have strong experience with PostgreSQL and it has been your primary database for
a minimum of 3-5 years as a lead DBA!
- Deep understanding of systems performance of PostgreSQL, and advanced knowledge
of Postgres internals
- Understand automation concept to speed up the work: ansible
- Experience implementing high availability by setting up either streaming replication or
logical replication and decoding
- Expertise implementing Foreign Data Wrappers to sync data across multiple
PostgreSQL servers and Advanced query tuning for large data sets
- Knows how to optimize queries/schemas
- Knows backup solutions and strategies
- Knows HA solutions and strategies
- Knows proxy usage as it relates to Postgres
- Ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and
when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues
- Experience with system performance counters and metrics relevant to the operation of
high-concurrency PostgreSQL implementations, and resolve database performance and
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: