We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
- Work under Personal Lines BI leadership on the successful delivery of multiple concurrent projects prioritized by Marketing, Product, R&D, Pricing, Finance, Distribution, UW, and Actuarial teams.
- Partner with business users to gather and document business and functional requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the design and functionality of business applications.
- Understand the source systems and conduct the data profiling.
- Able to convert business requirements into technical requirements and designs.
- Develop complex SQL Queries to support project delivery, business inquiries, defects/root cause analysis, and ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Create ETL/Informatica mappings and workflows.
- Create high level and detailed technical designs.
- Create Source to Target Mappings (STTMs).
- Conduct Unit Testing (UT) and create UT results documents.
- Provide support for QA/UAT.
- Set and independently manage delivery targets per expectations.
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve efficiency, pace, and quality within the team.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts and relational database technologies (e.g. DB2, Snowflake, Oracle).
- Able to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, investigate defects, validate data quality, etc.
- Experience with ETL tools and technologies (Informatica a plus).
- Effective critical thinking, problem-solving skills with the ability to explain complex concepts/issues.
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balance team needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decision.
- Strong understanding of SDLC.
- Ability to effectively write, speak, and present information to managers, team members, and business partners.
- Collaborative mindset to work with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and appropriately escalate issues and risks to management.
- Quick learner and self-starter with the ability to absorb new information to support existing and new initiatives.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Agile, a plus.
- Power BI, a plus.
- Shell Scripts for automation, a plus.
Job Location(s): US - RW - Remote Work - Farmers
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: