Data Engineer 3
CrossFit is looking to hire a Data Engineer to join our technology department. You will focus on developing tools and systems for CrossFit's Business Intelligence and Analytics needs. This role will work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of business and technical needs.
Ability to contribute to various areas of the technology org including SQL queries, data structures, storage formats, data integrations across a variety of systems, and developing the tools necessary to automate data migrations.
Identifies problems and provides solutions to solve business and technology problems within the team. Contributes to the development of business tools and systems in accordance with the org’s architectural standards.
- Develops automated tests, contributes to build and deployment tools, and generally improves the quality, build, and maintenance infrastructure around our tools.
- Communicates with non-technical stakeholders to understand business context and create appropriate documentation for various internal partners. Thinks beyond individual requests to provide larger architectural direction to help meet future business needs and simplify larger integrations. Is able to provide estimates for milestones, deliverables and standards for performance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
- Proficiency in one or more Software Development languages and frameworks including but not limited to: Python, PHP, SQL, LookML
- Proficiency with AWS capabilities including RDS (MySql), DynamoDB, Redshift, S3, SNS, EC2 and Lambda
- Understanding of structured data sets, data pipelines, ETL tools, data reduction, transformation and aggregation techniques. Knowledge of tools such as FiveTran, DBT or DataRobot a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle, including planning, object and system design, development, automated testing, deployment via CI/CD tools, logging, and monitoring.
- Experience collaborating with a team of programmers and analysts made up of varying skill sets
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Passion for CrossFit and our community.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- 5+ years relevant work experience
Compensation range - $130k-150k DOE
CrossFit is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain qualified applicants from a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, past or present military service, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting