At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Do you have the skills—and drive—to join a tech team that’s working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a senior software engineer at Liberty Mutual, you’ll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-up—and the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
- Experienced developer to create and maintainable scalable, effective, defect-free source code that meets business needs and team standards. Define, implement, and enforce coding best practices and standards.
- Collaborative partner: Working with our Corporate Functions Legal Tech team of scrum masters, product owners and fellow engineers, you’ll tackle technical challenges and ensure quality as we create next-generation applications and support existing software
- Comprehensive problem-solver: As you manage the end-to-end development of software products, you’ll troubleshoot production and data issues at the system level and handle any complications that arise by implementing effective solutions
- Skilled technical engineer: You’ll document and lead the implementation of technical features, improvements and innovations
- Forward thinker: Simply fixing the problem isn’t enough; using your proactive mindset and initiative, you’ll continually look for ways to improve performance, quality and efficiency
- A minimum of five years of enterprise-level software engineering experience with proficiency in at least one programming or scripting language, Informatica, SQL, and Oracle
- Cloud development experience in Azure or AWS
- Collaboration, adaptability, flexibility and the ability to manage time and prioritize work with a globally distributed development team
- Strong oral and written communication skills — and a knack for explaining your decision-making process to non-engineers
- A thorough grasp of IT concepts, business operations, design and development tools, system architecture and technical standards, shared software concepts and layered solutions and designs
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: