Software Engineering Manager (FULLY REMOTE)
Software Engineering Manager (FULLY REMOTE)
Virtual Req #1490
Friday, February 19, 2021
Buying a home is the cornerstone of the American dream, yet the process can be complicated and confusing. That’s why Homepoint is on a mission to create financially healthy, happy homeowners.
Homepoint Is a rising star in the mortgage industry with a culture that encourages community, caring, and open communication. We want our Associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special is our people-first operating philosophy, “We Care”.
Homepoint is the third-largest wholesale lender and the 12th largest correspondent lender in the U.S. We are headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI and offer positions throughout the nation with over 2,500 Associates and 300,000 serviced customers.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop your career, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Engineering Manager is responsible for leading, coaching, and mentoring multiple technical teams through all phases of the software development lifecycle. This individual will be responsible for the consistent application of technology and development best practices across the development organization in partnership with other Engineering and Business leadership. You will be responsible for team deliverables against Home Point’s strategy in conjunction with your product and business counterparts
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership, direction, and oversight of multiple development teams (onshore and offshore) throughout the complete solution delivery lifecycle.
- Direct full time and contract engineering staff with a focus on solutions that apply across the portfolio of Home Point systems.
- Manage, mentor, coach and grow technical leaders and help them be successful managers or individual contributors at Home Point.
- Responsible for the consistent application of development best practices (e.g. log aggregation, monitoring, alerting, etc.)
- Ensure a consistency of technology design and practices used across development teams (e.g. solution architecture, appropriate use of Azure capabilities, Git branching strategies, code styles, CI/CD, etc.)
- Contribute to the technology strategy, architectural vision, integration, and problem solving on an enterprise level to cultivate and drive innovative software solutions across Home Point.
- Participate in the development and dissemination of technology and development standards, best practices, and governance of Home Point solutions across multiple development and integration teams, including integrations with external business partners.
- Help to ensure appropriate knowledge sharing and learning takes place between development teams to ensure we are advancing collectively as a development organization.
- Proactively learn about new product features of our purchased software platforms and custom development technologies to better support our customers.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of solutions that support the strategic organizational needs of Home Point.
- Work with senior leadership in the forecasting of staff needs and skills, to ensure proper recruitment, training, and development of staff to meet current and future IT needs.
- Responsible for helping to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in managing/supervising employees.
- 5+ years of hands-on loan origination system (LOS) administration experience and Encompass experience is a plus
- 7+ years’ in a software development discipline, and a proven track record of delivering solutions with increasing scope of responsibilities and business impact.
- Agile development experience with automation, monitoring, DevOps principles, robust CI/CD pipeline and change management process to ensure timely build/release of quality software.
- Experience working on large scale software development projects.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience in a broad spectrum of technology areas.
- Experience developing and delivering software using various SDLC methodologies.
- Experience with high availability requirement production software applications.
- Experience successfully working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Experience with vendor management and strategy alignment with third parties.
- Microsoft development stack experience.
- Low code/no code application configuration/development experience.
- Mortgage industry and/or Financial Services experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to think in terms of functional sustainability rather than just short-term wins
- Ability to select and assess first-line managers and empower them
- Coaching direct reports and mentoring others
- Ability to lead team learning events
- Ability to anticipate and avoid operational problems
- Strong understanding of development theories, principles, and practices.
- Strong analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements.
- Ability to work directly with internal business customers via email, meetings, and phone calls.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively – both in written and verbal form.
- Ability to disseminate and enforce best practices and policy
- Balanced judgement of impact and cost of programs
- Ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
Technical Items the teams work with:
- Core: C#, .NET Core, Web API, React, Angular
- Azure: VMs, Containers, Service Bus, Functions, App Insights
- Data: SQL Server, Azure SQL, MongoDB, Tableau/PowerBI
- Platforms: Confluent (Kafka), Salesforce, Encompass, Black Knight MSP, Appian, Sapiens
- DevOps: Azure DevOps (work items, Git repos, build & release pipelines, package management)
- Authentication/Authorization frameworks like OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect.
- API Documentation like Swagger & REST API testing tools like Fiddler and Postman
- Package distribution tools like NPM, Nuget
We offer a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, together with an innovative and progressive approach to benefits. It is our goal to provide our associates an exciting, dynamic, desirable place to work. Our ambitious business plan and its success hinges on the ability to find great people and provide an environment that fully engages, retains and leverages the potential of top talent. As such, Homepoint provides development opportunities to all our associates, with a curriculum geared towards providing an informed view of multiple career paths. We have an owner-operator approach and when Homepoint succeeds, so do our associates.
Homepoint is a national multi-channel mortgage originator and servicer. The company brings an innovative approach to lending, focusing on speed, quality and consistency for customers and partners. Uniquely, Homepoint retains over 95% of originated loans for in-house servicing, a cornerstone to its Customer for Life approach. The company was founded in 2015 and headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. For more Information visit homepoint.com
Homepoint is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting