Virtual Req #422
Friday, February 19, 2021
EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that designs and enables agile, customer-centric operating models to help clients improve their revenue growth and profitability. Our delivery model provides market-leading business outcomes using EXL’s proprietary Business EXLerator Framework™, cutting-edge analytics, digital transformation and domain expertise. At EXL, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance. EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 32,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), South America, Australia and South Africa. For more information, visit www.exlservice.com.
EXL Health is seeking a Healthcare Analyst. This is a remote, work from home position.
The scope of the role includes;
The scope of the role includes;
- Utilizes various sources of healthcare data to assess the impacts of clinical content changes/updates on identifying population and member level condition prevalence
- Manages clinical code process assuring updates are migrated to all appropriate environments
- Assesses various programs designed to impact population health and identify key areas of opportunity
- Clearly communicate research to applicable teams
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop/utilize data analysis techniques to determine impact of clinical content definition changes/configurations, utilizing standardized data sets
- Research & identify patterns in clinical data (claims, lab, pharmacy, etc.), including specificity and sensitivity analyses, trend identification using SAS and/or SQL
- Assist in planning and implementation of clinical code (ICD, CPT, NDC, etc.) updates to master codes files, including migration of content across all client instances, and validate results
- Performs statistical analyses including specificity and sensitivity analyses, clinical risk tracking, trend identification and associations with corporate predictive models using SAS and other tools
- Establish, evolve, and reinforce the existing processes and infrastructure to constantly improve performance, and accurately measures success of internal data initiatives
- Writes and interprets technical specifications for roadmap & other projects, as required
- Implements improvements to analytic approaches and provides clear program recommendations to other departments (internal and external)
- Will perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of a bachelor degree in Health Care Analytics, Economics, or other health related field; advanced degree is preferred.
- Technical skills set – 1-3 years
- Ability to utilize software such as SQL, SAS, or other statistical software
- Use SQL to query backend tables
- Use SAS to manipulate data
- Medical Terminology
- Basic understanding of healthcare terminology and code sets, such as ICD-10, CPT-4, NDC, etc.
- Analytical Skills
- Basic problem solving skills, using data
- US Healthcare knowledge/understanding, including health care claims payment
- Strong ability to communicate data analytics clearly in written and oral presentations
- Desire to work within a fast-paced environment and ability to work in a team environment and be flexible in taking on various projects
- Ability track, and manage projects and work directly as a client-facing team member
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- SAS and/or SQLData design and architecture
- Outcomes and opportunity analytics
- Knowledge of the US health care system and familiarity with claim adjudication, payment methodologies and delivery systems
What we offer:
- EXL Health offers an exciting, fast paced and innovative environment, which brings together a group of sharp and entrepreneurial professionals who are eager to influence business decisions. From your very first day, you get an opportunity to work closely with highly experienced, world class Healthcare consultants.
- You can expect to learn many aspects of businesses that our clients engage in. You will also learn effective teamwork and time-management skills - key aspects for personal and professional growth
- We provide guidance/ coaching to every employee through our mentoring program wherein every junior level employee is assigned a senior level professional as advisors.
- Sky is the limit for our team members. The unique experiences gathered at EXL Health sets the stage for further growth and development in our company and beyond.
- Pay Type
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting