At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
As the Director of Integration and Transfromation, you will be responsible for defining the integration architecture for application and data teams, including: orchestration of services across applications; ensuring availability, performance, security and quality objectives; defining standards for enterprise application integrations as well as reference and master data management. You will provide governance and life-cycle frameworks / tools for API and Event producers to publish and enable the developer community to consume APIs and Events in a secure & easy manner. Working with Buinsess architecture to reimagine the future of insurance and platforms.
The Director of Integration and Transformation will be the lead technical member responsible for designing, leading and mentoring the implementation of application integration with large scale data repositories (DBMS, NoSQL etc.) as well as for transactional and operational activities used to create, read, update, delete, move and synchronize enterprise applications and data. You will be a partner with Application Architects and Application Product Owners, and provide technical direction to Data Custodians, Application Developers, Business Analysts and Prouct Owners.
The Director of Integration and Transformation is expected to understand business goals and develop a strategy focused on these goals that: capitalizes on technology insights to improve the value of operations through and including analytical data; improves the effectiveness of information stewardship; and will drive the strategy for all integration in the organization.
About the role:
- Design and implement modern integration technologies and solutions to support microservices-based application architectures
- Provide direction, assistance and education to teams on the appropriate use of technology and databases (relational, NoSQL, graph, etc)
- Provide direction, assistance and education to teams on the appropriate use of integration technologies (APIs, message-oriented middleware, streaming, event processing systems, etc.)
- Define integration flows (ETL, ELT, stream processing, events/event processors, etc.)
- Coordinate the taxonomy of data working with Data Stewards and implementing through Data Custodians and the application teams
- Define integration tool selection criteria, standards and best practices for application architectures
- Architect and lead system availability, usability, performance and security methodologies
- Partner with other Application and Infrastructure Architects to deliver best in class solutions
- Assist with future release planning and integration needs analysis
- Be a team player with ability to drive for win-win solutions across multiple competing interests, teams and priorities
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical discipline; Master's preferred.
- 10+ years of architecture experience in applications development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- Thorough knowledge of RDMS Systems (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle)
- Data Modeling Expertise (Conceptual, Logical & Physical in both Relational & Dimensional)
- Experience using OLTP / OLAP / Graph / Multi-Model / NoSQL databases
- Practical experience using message-oriented middleware (IBM MQ, AWS SNS or similar)
- Ability to deploy and manage APIs (Apigee, AWS API Gateway, Anypoint or similar)
- Ability to create/consume Swagger (OpenAPI) and WSDL service definitions
- To identify the appropriate use of of semi-structured and telemetry data formats (including JSON, XML, Parquet, MQTT, AMQP)
- Ability to design and build orchestration/choreography for Service Oriented, Service Based and MicroServices architectures (Mulesoft or similar)
- Ability to build, configure and deploy ETL (Informatica, Snaplogic, Dell Boomi)
- Ability to build, configure and deploy Message event handlers (AWS EventBridge or similar)
- Ability to use and configure Stream Processing systems (Kafka/Kafka Connect, Spark, Flink, AWS Kinesis)
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: