Saatva, a leading direct-to-consumer manufacturer and retailer of ultra-premium luxury mattresses, bedding and home furnishings, is looking for director-level data scientist.
The role will report to the Sr. Director, Analytics and Business Intelligence. The Director of Analytics will lead and mentor data analysts and scientists in designing data collection, measurement, and analytics plans and processes to analyze the effects of Marketing efforts including all other activities intended to increase the sales of Saatva products and/or improve its marketing or business operations. The Director will communicate effectively, prepare presentations and offer evidence and recommendations based on data and findings from analyses.
Analytics projects and tasks include digital marketing analytics using the Google Marketing Platform and Marketing Mix Modeling to include offline channels like TV, radio, OOH, print, direct mail and call centers. The Analytics team also provides revenue forecasting and business data analysis to customer operations located in Whitestone, New York.
The ideal candidate will have experience in applying statistical and machine learning methods such as Cluster Analysis and Classification, Regression Models in all forms, General Linear Models, Robust Regression, Random Forests, Neural Nets, Bayes Nets, Time Series Analysis, Econometrics, Operations Research/Mathematical Optimization applied to forecasting and marketing mix modeling, as well as inferring and predicting purchase and other user behaviors.
Expert knowledge of SQL, a statistical tool (e.g., R or python) and data visualization (e.g., Tableau) is required.
The ideal candidate must be driven by curiosity to learn from data and enjoy storytelling. The right candidate will be excited by designing experiments, data collection and measurement, analyses, visualization and storytelling as they recommend improvements for marketing and operations.
Lead, plan, collaborate with and assist Analytics staff with the following:
- Under general direction, independently seeks data analytics, aexecutes analyses and reports to meet business needs
- Identify business needs and design measurement plans including data collection and instrumentation
- Query databases using SQL to extract, integrate, assemble and prepare data frames for analyses
- Analyze data using descriptive and inferential statistics, data mining methods, predictive modeling, machine learning techniques interpret results, extract insights, provide evidence and recommend actions to decision makers
- Use analytics tools and languages such as R and/or python as needed
- Visualize results (e.g., using Tableau), prepare presentations and present findings to Saatva audiences
- Design experiments and recommend KPIs and metrics to address information needs of internal clients
- Attend all stand-ups and weekly team meetings including Jira prioritization
- Mentor other data scientists and analysts
- Participate in all Analytics team activities - be a part of the team!
- Master’s or Ph.D. (preferred) degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Physics or any quantitative field of study
- Five to seven years experience in analyzing digital marketing or any advertising campaign performance
- Projecting financial impact of marketing activities using forecasting models
- Three to five years experience in leading and managing a team of 2-3 data scientists and analysts
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Expert knowledge of statistical software like R and/or python
- Knowledge of creating data visualizations with Tableau
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Heap or any web analytics platform, e.g., Adobe Analytics/Omniture/SiteCatalyst, Webtrends
- Experience with designing surveys and experiments to collect data
Powered by JazzHR
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: