Marketing Business Analyst
Location: Remote, Austin preferred
Saatva launched in 2011 and we are still growing rapidly each month and year. We’re looking for a passionate, data-driven Marketing Business Analyst who will measure the performance of marketing initiatives, campaigns and programs, extract insights and knowledge, and offer recommendations to the Marketing team to improve and optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing efforts. In this role, the Analyst will assemble and analyze data from a variety of sources and present the findings to multiple audiences based on numerical evidence. This position will report to the Sr. Director Analytics and Business Intelligence.
Who We Are
Saatva is the Direct-to-consumer luxury mattress and home furnishings brand that aspires to help every consumer get a great night’s sleep. At Saatva, we do more than sell mattresses to consumers. We are a brand that believes in consciousness and goodness — from what we put in our products, to how we treat our customers and each other. We believe our greatest potential is reached when we empower each other, and we believe in having a good time in the process. This commitment extends to a diverse and friendly environment that nurtures personal as well as professional growth.
You have a strong experience applying statistical methodology to experimental designs and marketing campaign performance analysis. You’re passionate, intellectually curious and love data, marketing and storytelling.
You’re the right person for this role if you:
- Love to test and learn constantly, examining data and can spot a flaw in test design from miles away, and then improving or proposing hypotheses for experiments.
- Communicate well and know how to influence others across the organization to drive the outcomes you need.
- Are a self-starter with a strong work ethic; willing to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done.
- Excel in an unstructured environment and can turn an ill-defined idea into a structured project you can execute on.
- Learn fast and can pivot quickly. You will run tests, talk to users, analyze feedback, and integrate learnings into future strategies.
- Successfully juggle multiple initiatives and prioritize work effectively while meeting deadlines.
- Are excited to be part of a growing team, take initiative, and drive results.
- Are pragmatic and can balance short and long-term efforts as well as deciding when to ‘test and invest’ vs. going ‘all in.’
- Develop a strong understanding of the Saatva business, key marketing levers and performance drivers
- Propose experiments and recommend KPIs and metrics to address information needs of internal clients
- Partner with key stakeholders and business partners (technical and non-technical) in problem definition, hypothesis and test design, ensuring tests can be measured with confidence to enable sound decision making
Measure and analyze the performance of marketing campaigns and programs:
- Independently seek data and execute analyses
- Partner with Marketers to communicate results clearly and succinctly to key stakeholders across the business and at all levels of the organization
- Identify business needs and design measurement plans including data collection and instrumentation
- Query databases using SQL to extract, integrate, assemble and prepare data frames for analyses
- Analyze data using descriptive and inferential statistics, data mining methods, predictive modeling, machine learning techniques interpret results, extract insights, provide evidence and recommend actions to decision makers
- Use analytics tools and languages such as R and/or python as needed
- Visualize results (e.g., using Tableau), prepare presentations and present findings to Saatva audiences
- The Analyst is expected to keep abreast of the latest developments in marketing analytics tools and methodologies including but not limited digital (like Google Marketing Platform and Facebook Ads) and non-digital channel attribution using Marketing Mix Modeling to include offline channels like TV, radio, OOH, print, direct mail and call centers, as well podcast ads and connected TV/OTT
- Attend all stand-ups and weekly team meetings including project prioritization
- Collaborate and share project activities with other data scientists and analysts
- Participate in all Analytics team activities - be a part of the team!
- Either a Bachelor’s (a Master’s or MBA is preferred) degree in marketing with a strong quantitative or data analytics background, or majored in a quantitative field of study (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Physics) and have experience in analyzing marketing campaigns
- One to three years experience in analyzing digital marketing or any advertising campaign performance in traditional channels
- Strong communication skills, with ability to explain complex concepts simply and clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and application of statistical methods including descriptive and inferential statistics
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Intermediate knowledge of statistical software like R and/or python
- Some knowledge of creating data visualizations with Tableau
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Heap or any web analytics platform, e.g., Adobe Analytics/Omniture/SiteCatalyst, Webtrends
- Practical experience in using machine learning methods such as Cluster Analysis and Classification, Regression Models in all forms, General Linear Models, Robust Regression, Random Forests, Neural Nets, Bayes Nets, Time Series Analysis, Econometrics, Operations Research/Mathematical Optimization applied to forecasting and marketing mix modeling is a plus
Powered by JazzHR
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: