Elligo Health Research offers the only platform that brings clinical research to physician practices, accelerating the development of new pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device products and therapies. Our Goes Direct® approach uses state-of-the-art technology to compliantly leverage current electronic health record data and applies a proprietary, prescreening process to match protocol-eligible patients for participation in clinical studies. It is our mission to support health care providers by providing personnel, procedures, technology and infrastructure for clinical research, enabling patients to participate in research while remaining under the care of their own trusted physician. Learn more at elligodirect.com.
Elligo is a mission-driven start-up company innovating in the spaces between clinical research and healthcare to provide patient access to clinical research as a care option with their trusted physician, closer to home.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Product & Engineering, the Technical Lead / Software Engineer is responsible for technical design, delivery, and support of IntElligo, our propriety clinical research software platform. This role is both leadership and an individual contributor. The Technical Lead / Software Engineer will quickly gain an understanding of our existing codebase powering our current set of applications, help drive productivity of the local engineering team, and ensure new solutions meet technical and business expectations. You will be the escalation point for technical challenges and spend time developing the more complex new features in our agile environment. IntElligo is a SaaS web application with a monthly release cycle used by 100+ clinicians.
- Technical design – Craft robust solutions for new features and the improvement or refactoring of the existing Java and PostgreSQL database platform.
- Technical mentorship - Dive deep into a technical task and provide in-depth recommendations on best design and coding practices.
- Deliver results – Drive scrum team productivity, remove roadblocks, organize sprint demos.
- Production support – Serve as escalation point for resolution of key technical issues
- Development – Build solutions inside IntElligo for a select set of user stories.
- Collaborate with technical team – Work effectively with Technical Leads from our offshore development partner on daily / weekly basis.
- Collaborate with business team – Work effectively with product management and key stakeholders on daily / weekly basis.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent job experience.
- 7+ years experience as full stack software engineer, developing and support web applications.
- 2+ years in technical leadership role, driving other team members.
- Expert level skills and experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate, PostgreSQL.
- Advanced SQL experience, query optimization and database schema design.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver results across competing initiatives.
- Comfortable Working with individuals across different locations and with different skill levels.
- Knowledge of AWS services, including ECS, EKS, S3, Lambda and SQS/SNS.
- Experience ingesting, storing, validating and transforming data in a consumable format
- Prior Healthcare related experience a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment with some flexibility to work-from-home on occasion.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers
- Use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Very little, if any travel is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. More in-depth information can be found in SOP's, working guidelines, policies, etc.
Elligo is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Elligo are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Elligo will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. In addition, Elligo will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: