National Veterinary Associates (NVA™) is the largest private owner of freestanding veterinary hospitals, pet resorts and specialty pet hospitals in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore. Each general practice hospital, specialty hospital and pet resort operates under their own brand. With rapid annual growth through acquisition, NVA needs people with the ability and knowledge to manage the operation today and tomorrow scale to support a much larger and complex organization.
The Digital Imaging PACS Engineer will provide exceptional customer service as a Digital Imaging PACS Engineer. This is a full-time position where the role of the Digital Imaging PACS Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support via phone (inbound and outbound) and remote computer log-ins. The Technical Support Supervisor will be responsible for addressing customer problems and requests in a courteous manner. The applicant will be responsible for assisting dealer/vendor and customers with technical issues by remote support (mainly), on-site support (when needed), and installing equipment when requested.
Provides knowledge support and first-level operational leadership to Digital Radiography team members. This role responds facilitates support and drives resolution to escalated issues. It is important that this role documents, tracks, and monitors problems using applicable systems and tools. The Digital Imaging PACS Engineer coordinates with vendors or specialists to resolve crisis-oriented issues.
Overview of the role:
- Providing clinical application support and peripheral device support directly to hospital end-users
- Work daily with physicians and clinical staff to ensure imaging systems are operating correctly
- Work with x-ray modalities to ensure image transmission is working correctly
- Oversees equipment maintenance and systems testing, upgrading, and installing
- Assists in all system upgrades and major projects for the entire PACS team.
- Serve as the escalation contact between the hospital and support teams to resolve issues or provide status updates
- Oversees system maintenance on the PACS system, images, interfaces, and databases
- Oversees system failure and recovery and resolution/work-around methods
- Oversees system troubleshooting of anomalies - notify technical support during system anomalies
- Configure, maintain, and document user access, peripheral devices, user profiles, and system configurations
- Train new system users; design the training plan
- Documents, tracks, and monitors problems using applicable systems and tools
- Coordinates with other teams, vendors or specialists to resolve systemic or crisis-oriented issues
- Responsible for ensuring the efficient ticket flow and handling within team.
- Develops expertise in multiple competencies relevant to the job.
- Responsible for ensuring team is responsive to customer needs and strives to achieve SLAs.
- Works with other SMEs to ensure curation of existing and development of new knowledge base articles to address recurring incident topics to contribute to ongoing improvement of first contact resolution.
- Run reports and provide weekly, monthly, quarterly metric updates
- Maintain staff attendance and performance data
- Communicate company policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate with department leaders and team members
- Work independently in a friendly and supportive environment
- Resolve team member concerns in a timely manner
- Prepare corrective actions and communicate next steps with employees
- Minimum of +4 years of in-depth experience in information technology, including supporting, PACS, RIS, HIS, Radiology/Cardiology modalities
- Proven knowledge of multiple X-ray units to include DR systems (IDEXX, Sound, Covetrus Dragonfly) and Portable units strongly PREFFERRED.
- Proven knowledge MRI and Ultrasound service knowledge preferred
- Direct field service experience in CT/X-ray desirable
- Some experience with transactional SQL (T-SQL) and basic understanding of relational database management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer knowledge in networks and software (technical knowledge)
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Client relationships
- Documentation - Collecting and analyzing data (common trend in support tickets)
- 3+ years of previous supervisory of support services related experience.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members to ensure incidents are completed within service level agreements.
Critical Competencies for Success in the Role:
- Develop a monitoring and maintenance of PACS system to ensure the maximum uptime and availability
- Solves technical problems for all medical modality equipment with deep understanding of different systems interaction – software, hardware and infrastructure (network).
- Keeps detailed records of all work done
- Interacts with customers and dealer vendors in order to address with technical difficulties, installations, software and network configuration etc.
- Installs and un-installs x-ray systems and sub-systems at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to NVA's technical and security specifications
- Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem, coordinate problem resolution
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action
- Provides software configurations and troubleshooting as well as hardware configuration and servicing
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer
- Build strong relationships with all management teams.
- Contributes to the development of team/department goals and procedures
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and empathy.
- Proven ability to multi-task and balance competing demands.
- Is respected by team members and is viewed as a "go-to" person to help with escalation or workflow.
- Always thinks clearly in difficult situations and knows when to escalate to management.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in and contributing to a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Maintains awareness of team KPI performance and SLA achievement.
NVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check and drug screen.
This role is not open to receiving agency candidates and any contingent submissions will not be honored.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: