GovernmentCIO is looking for a highly motivated database developer with the ability to learn quickly and act independently. Familiarity with backend technologies such as .Net Core is helpful, but technical depth in data/database technologies (including but not limited to SQL Server) is critical for this role. With a focus on software engineering and quality, you will collaborate with product owners, developers, and designers to provide the best value to our customers. You will internally help improve software engineering practices for the entire team.
GovernmentCIO is expanding its development organization in support of a continuously expanding portfolio of solutions. We leverage current and emerging services offered by both AWS and Azure. Our roadmap is evolving as we work to identify and continuously deliver transformative capabilities for both our internal and external customers. Join us for the opportunity to define and drive successes within a scrum of empowered technologists!
- Create, extend, and tune database schemas, stored procedures, and views in highly distributed, cloud-hosted SQL Server environments.
- Build reports using real-time data, SSRS, and PowerBI.
- Create and maintain data models and data dictionaries.
- Assist .Net (C#) developers using ORMs (such as Entity Framework) in database integration efforts. This may require hands-on .Net Core programming.
- In the short-term, use T-SQL and C# in an AWS-hosted environment to complete a migration away from legacy ASP.Net architecture to REST services loosely coupled from React frontends.
- Secure and protect private personal and health information.
- Collaborate using development practices such as trunk-based development, feature toggles, automated testing, frequent pull requests, and continuous deployment pipelines.
- Work in a multi-disciplined team including human-centered designers, frontend specialists, DevOps engineers, and other software engineers.
- Work with Product Owners and Scrum Teams in requirements decomposition, backlog refinement, breakdown of user stories and tasks.
- Write unit and integration tests to ensure systems meet business needs.
- Participate in GitHub Pull Request (PR) code reviews and merges.
- Collaborate with multiple teams in troubleshooting complex technical or non-technical issues.
- Develop complex systems capable of processing large volumes of documents (digital and scanned).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Technology, and related fields. On a case-by-case basis, work experience may be considered in lieu of a STEM degree for highly qualified candidates.
- Must reside and work within the U.S.
- 5 or more years’ professional software development experience.
- 3 or more years’ experience in SQL Server.
- 3 or more years' experience in T-SQL.
- Experience in analyzing query execution plans, proficiency in SQL Server Profiler.
- Experience in PowerBI.
- Experience in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in ETL/ELT approaches.
- Experience with SQL/database source control in Git using tools such as Redgate SQL Source Control or Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools.
- Familiarity with C# or Java.
Must be strong in the following areas:
- Verbal communication and collaboration.
- Interpersonal skills such as active listening, constructive feedback, teamwork, building relationship and trust with both teammates and the customer.
- Troubleshooting, especially root cause analysis and defect isolation.
- Sprint planning, user story refinement (grooming), defining/verifying acceptance criteria’s, definition of done, and design walkthroughs to inject quality early in the development life cycle.
- Experience in .Net Core.
- Experience in Java EE or Spring Boot.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services, especially S3, Lambda, RDS, and other cloud database services.
- Experience with conceptual, logical, and physical database modeling.
- Experience with other relational database such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis.
- Experience with enterprise messaging, especially message queues, workflows, API integration, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Experience in serverless cloud technologies.
- Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and/or Microservices Architecture (MSA) patterns.
- Experience using static code analysis (SCA) tools such as Fortify and SonarQube.
- Experience working in environments that utilize TDD-based automation.
- Experience supporting public-facing web applications with a large user base.
- Experience implementing high-volume claims and/or document scanning systems.
- Experience in GitHub Pull Request (PR) code reviews and merges.
- Proficiency with the Git command line.
- Strong written communication and documentation experience.
- Public contributions to GitHub and/or open-source projects.
- VA or federal contracting experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: