We have an exciting opportunity for a WebLogic Systems Administrator to join our team.
The customer is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator III (WebLogic) candidate to participate in a collaborative team environment supporting a U.S. Government contract that provides personnel security management support to the DoD. This position demands exceptional communication, collaboration and coordination skills working across internal infrastructure and operations groups as well as external network partners to administer clustered Oracle WebLogic servers. This role provides technical expertise for WebLogic (application and utilities) monitoring, probing and troubleshooting, integrated system test requirements and strategies. Candidate works independently, with minimum management oversight supporting data exchange of federal security and suitability information across 22+ interfaces and web services spanning 82+ servers. This role must have experience performing updates, system transitions, migrations and system software maintenance using WebLogic Administration Console, command line utilities, and an API, server and network hardware technologies to troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration, Incident resolution, Problem Determination and Root Cause Analysis in accordance with Service Level Agreements This role will prepare application deployments across multiple Classified and Unclassified WebLogic environments.
- 5-7 years’ experience required, including:
- WebLogic Administration Experience (5 years)
- Experience supporting clustered WebLogic Application servers (5 years)
- Unix/Bash or Python scripting experience (5 years)
- Experience in server and network hardware technologies (4 years)
- Must have superior understanding of WebLogic (installation, configuration, update) and proven ability to document and execute WebLogic monitoring, probing and troubleshooting
- Must have proven capability in analysis related to design, development and integration software and system level requirements to provide an integrated IT solution
- Must be able to develop integrated system test requirements and strategies
- Must be able to support Web Applications deployed across multiple Classified and Unclassified WebLogic environments, monitor application performance and report metrics upon request
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose simple to complex problems including resource usage concerns and application degradation
- Proficiency with Change Management Systems (CMSs) such as Microsoft Access, ChangeGear and/or ServiceNow, GitLab and Subversion (SVN)
- Must be proficient in Unix/Bash or Python scripting and have SQL experience
- Must have experience in implementation of server and network hardware technologies including network files systems, disk and server-based storage solutions
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in written and verbal forms
- Must be able to follow complex checklists and SOPs with little to no assistance
- Must have proven ability to support Information Assurance (IA) requirements and implement appropriate levels of system security
- Experience in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access), SharePoint 2013
- Must be able to work in a team environment and independently with little to no management oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
- Must effectively manage and meet deadlines within tight schedules and be able to quickly reprioritize tasks without loss of productivity
- Understanding of infrastructure basics like storage, networking, operating systems, VMs
- Ability to prepare environments for application deployments and support Data Center migrations as needed
- Ability to participate within high availability and disaster recovery testing
- Active Security Plus Certification (must not expire before 11/2021)
- Candidate must be a US Citizen with clearance eligibility
- Candidate must be located in the contiguous United States and be able to work on an Eastern time zone schedule.
- Recent DOD experience
Education: Associate's degree in computer related field required. Bachelor's degree in computer science preferred.
Background Check: This position requires successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and a credit check.
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn.
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: