We are looking for an accomplished Principal Data Engineer to help set the stage for how we gather, process, scale, and store data from a wide range of sources. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is comfortable wearing many hats. You should be an experienced data engineer and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
This is your chance to shape the future of live music!
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the tech lead for a team of Data Engineers, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists. This is a new team and you will be instrumental in building the team this year.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and infrastructure teams to architect, build, and scale our data architecture.
- Work with stakeholders across the entire company to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Create data tools for analytics, product, and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our platform.
What we’re looking for
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Experience in B2B + B2C SaaS companies (marketplace experience is preferred)
- Strong AWS knowledge and experience
- Experience with scalable ETL paradigms
- Experience with relational database and cloud data warehouse technologies (PostgreSQL and Snowflake are preferred)
- Experience with BI platforms (Looker experience is a plus)
- Experience with document storage platforms (Firebase experience is a plus)
- Experience with graph databases such as Neo4j
- Experience with stream, micro-batch, and batch processing
- Data science and/or machine learning experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design principles and methodologies
- Experience or interest in machine learning and artificial intelligence (A.I.).
- You’re excited about the fast pace of a growing, changing startup environment.
What We Value:
We constantly challenge ourselves to push boundaries, defy conventional wisdom, and take smart risks by pursuing big opportunities hiding in plain sight.
We push ourselves and portfolio companies to build processes and systems that compress time, speed, and decision-making to produce results faster.
We demand the best from ourselves, our team, and our partners. We create the context for success by providing the appropriate resources, infrastructure, training, and mentorship required to win.
High Alpha is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: