This is a great opportunity for the right person to join a fast-growing EdTech software startup and jumpstart their Data Professional career.
We're headquartered in the Greater DC Area, and we have customers in 36 states from California to New York. Our work is dynamic, responsive, and stimulating.
At SchoolPass, we're changing the way schools think about campus movement and wellness. Parents love using SchoolPass to communicate wellness, attendance, and dismissal changes to everyone at the school with the tap of a button, and schools love using SchoolPass to streamline their dismissal process and make sure every kid goes where they're supposed to at the end of the day.
We are looking to hire an amazing Junior Database Engineer who is energetic, proactive, driven, and a self-starter to join the DB/DevOps team. The individual must have very strong technical acumen and a passion for quickly learning data fundamentals and employing what is learned to constantly changing challenges. This person will be anything but "junior" after a year on this job.
Remote, full-time position.
- Design and create database structures (logical design) partnering with product & development teams for data requirement analysis
- Assists software engineers with the creation and maintenance of robust, scalable database code, and evaluates new and existing code for performance and scalability
- Creates and implements data archiving strategies and tools
- Maintains database performance by developing tuning methodologies and monitoring performance
- Manages and tunes the logical and physical database design
- Enforces SQL standards and guidelines, and answers technical and procedural questions from team members
- Develops requirements for, and implements database projects
- Is mentored by demanding senior database and DevOps professionals on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelors degree in a technical or scientific field, newly acquired is fine.
- At least 2 years' experience developing with SQL Server or other RDBMS.
- Developing excellent SQL skills, with the ability to generate complex SQL queries from an entity-relationship diagram
- Capable of learning query tuning skills
- Some experience designing schemas for OLTP databases
- Understanding of and experience with data archival strategies
- Ability to learn to reverse-engineer processes through close examination of existing database procedures and code
- Basic familiarity with AWS
- An extremely detail-oriented work ethic
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand user requests and translate them into technical requirements
- Some basic familiarity with C# and web application architecture
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $62,000.00 - $66,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Database design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft SQL Server: 2 years (Required)
- AWS RDS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: