MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you are checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout, MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies large and small, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
The ML Data Science Team focuses on the application of data science, statistics, and machine learning (ML) to further advance MariaDB's industry-leading database services in achieving exceptional user experiences. This includes self-identification of workload patterns with leading indicators for stability, and other self-stabilizing autonomous actions from probable causes.
The ML Data Science Team is seeking experienced data scientists and machine learning engineers to help advance our mission. You are expected to work at the intersection of machine learning and software engineering, and should possess a deep, working knowledge of data exploration, modern machine learning techniques, algorithms, and sound engineering practices.
You should be highly motivated to do extraordinary things with humility, passion to learn, flexibility, and a self-actualized mindset in a highly-productive team of like-minded members all sharing one goal: doing something extraordinary in ML to deliver unparalleled DBaaS from MariaDB's SkySQL cloud through their collective selfless contributions.
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, MS/PhD preferred.
- Strong software engineering skills and experience using Python as well as scientific libraries such as NumPy and SciPy.
- Advanced knowledge of data science and machine learning fundamentals, strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Industry experience building scalable systems. Experience with containers and Kubernetes in a public cloud is a must.
- Experience in advanced visualization techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Assist with data and model validation, including identifying areas for further model optimization and enhancement.
- Design and implement new models or extend existing models
- Develop new visualization techniques.
- Set up test databases to benchmark labelled data. Some knowledge of database administration is highly desirable.
- Maintain and develop CI/CD workflows.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: