If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
The Remote Service Engineer (RSE) role is focused on providing primarily remote application software and hardware support for Philips Healthcare Information System Vue Product Suite. The position requires the ability to identify root cause for reported customer issues and to provide appropriate rapid solutions to minimize customer downtime and maximize customer business continuity. This position will work out of a home office for 40 hours per week and may require occasional overtime. Travel for training and occasional on-site support may be necessary.
You are responsible for (but not limited to):
- Troubleshoot and facilitate the resolution of technical system and application issues
- Manage multiple technical issues with varying severity ensuring that cases are prioritized according to severity/impact
- Work collaboratively with customers, including system administrators, radiologists, cardiologists, clinical, administrative, and IT staff, as well as Philips teammates to resolve all customer reported issues
- Engage third party vendor support, as required, per standard operating procedures
- Document in detail customer reported issues and corrective action taken to resolve
- Participate in a scheduled 24x7 on-call shift rotation for afterhours support of the Vue products
- Promote teamwork within our organization and ensure global technical standards are met, building effective relationships with the service, deployment, and engineering teams
- Proactively share knowledge, create knowledge articles, and contribute to our problem solution database
- Contribute to service initiatives and activities to enhance the service experience
- Ensure customer satisfaction as measured by our customers: knowledge of customer business operations, response time, resolution time, communication and employee attitude
You are part of: PD EDI
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in an IT related field or equivalent
- Minimum of Five years of previous Healthcare IT experience
- Experience providing remote software support
- Proficient knowledge of database systems such as Oracle/MS SQL server
- General knowledge of HL7, DICOM, and other IHE related protocols
- General knowledge of Mirth and or other Healthcare related interface engines
- Technical knowledge of Windows operating systems and Hyper-V
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Strong communications skills - written and oral
- Strong team player/collaborator
- Demonstrate strong customer relations skills
- Ability to inspire confidence and communication with customers from varying degrees of technical ability in a professional manner
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Aptitude to define action plans and execute through resolution
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Previous support of a PACS, RIS, or other clinical healthcare IT system
- Oracle Database Administration, SQL experience
- VMWare Certification
- Knowledge of load balancers
- Mirth Foundation certification
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Security+ certification
- Familiarity with Avaya phone systems
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: