Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.Compensation Minimum:$63,000 Compensation Maximum:$124,000 We are seeking a strong contributor who is dedicated to pursuing their actuarial exams and who is looking for an engaging work environment that values collaboration and strives for excellence. The Actuarial Associate position will be part of the Pricing team and will work closely with other actuaries to review the pricing of our homeowner’s products. The analyst will be the main pricing resource for select states. Their primary responsibility will be to provide sound actuarial pricing recommendations to the Product Manager who is responsible for the performance of these states.
This position also offers an excellent opportunity to interact with a variety of departments in the organization (Government Affairs, Compliance, IT Leadership, Partner Management, Operations, Claims, etc.) and the broader American Family community.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
1. State Management: The Actuarial Associate is responsible for conducting reviews of rates, rules, underwriting, and product offerings and making recommendations based on those reviews. These reviews consist of:
- Using and suggesting actuarial methods to develop rate filings at a state level to ensure Homesite is priced appropriately across all products and segments;
- Understanding profitability on a state basis, and what actions can be taken to improve performance;
- Analyzing at a state level, whether the company is selling the right product, to the right customer, at the right price;
2. Contribute to the development of new products: The Actuarial Associate may participate in the analysis and implementation of new products;
3. Functional Expertise: Gain knowledge in insurance content matters that cut across Homeowners products;
1. Relevant Experience: A minimum of 3 years of professional experience, ideally including work in Property & Casualty insurance;
2. Exams: Passing grades on a minimum of 5 Casualty Actuarial exams and desire to achieve Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS)
3. Educational Credentials: A bachelor’s degree and quantitative analytical knowledge is required; a graduate degree is preferred, but not required;
4. Entrepreneurial Mindset: A self-starter who can identify business opportunities, develop a product plan to capitalize on those opportunities, and successfully implement the plan;
5. Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses;
6. Analytical Rigor : Analyze state performance, identify additional areas of research, and recommend improvements;
7. Powerful Communication : The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly across a variety of media;
8. Team Player : The candidate will need to work well as part of a team;
9. Software Experience: Knowledge of SQL, SAS, R, Python, Tableau, and/or other programming/data query/reporting knowledge, in addition, intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel is required
When you work at Homesite you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns at Homesite are eligible for the paid time off program. Contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community !
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: