The Air Force Medical Operations Agency, Dental Directorate (AFMOA/SGD) is the office of responsibility for USAF dental operations and sustainment. AFMOA/SGD provides a full spectrum of dental services to 520 thousand eligible military and retired beneficiaries in CONUS and OCONUS permanent locations and to joint war fighters at deployed locations around the world. The Air Force Dental Information and Technology Action Group (AF DITAG) provides systems engineering, analysis and technical support to the Dental Information and Technology (DIT) solutions deployed worldwide. This position will support the Air Force Dental and Systems Flights at the active-duty units across the world.
- Provide Tier I through Tier III support for the AF DITAG systems deployed at AF Dental units. This support will include a flex schedule to work projects and repairs on nights and weekends.
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of AF DITAG systems hardware and software and related infrastructure located at the AF Dental units.
- Install and configure MiPACS Viewer on Workstations.
- Install and configure plugins and drivers for dental equipment on the Viewer workstations.
- Aid the DITAG AF Lead as needed for:
- Maintaining the Cybersecurity posture of the AF deployed systems, working at the direction of the AF DITAG Information Security Director and the AF ISSOs.
- Performing regular security monitoring to identify any possible vulnerabilities. Configure / add new security solutions, as necessary.
- Maintaining monthly security patch installations on all AF servers. Routinely scan and remediate configuration settings when new STIGs are released.
- Building and rebuilding servers, configuring the hardware and peripherals in accordance with AF DITAG standards and project/operational requirements.
- Developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures.
- Applying OS upgrades as needed, and upgrading administrative tools and utilities as required.
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to Air Force and DHA Standards.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within AF DITAG team.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovations, and where possible automate approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted AF Dental Clinics and Systems Flights.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Function as a member of the Systems Administrator group in the AF DITAG available to assist with infrastructure projects.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Other tasks as needed and assigned.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Holds a successfully completed in-scope NACI, NACLC, T1, or higher background investigation or is eligible for an interim public trust while undergoing a new NACI, NACLC, T1, or higher background investigation.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II compliant (see https://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx) upon start.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience as a Systems Administrator/Engineer.
- Experience managing a distributed PACS environment. Preferably Medicor Imaging’s MiPACS Storage Server Manager, and Client Viewer.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Windows Server and MS SQL Server, preferred.
- Well versed in common data center technologies and solutions to include networking, server administration, storage management, back up and disaster recovery.
- Experience with DoD Cyber Security compliancy tools. Preferably to include HBSS, SCCM, SCAP, Nessus, ACAS, and eMASS.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Active Secret clearance.
- MCSE certification or equivalent.
- MS Windows Server or MS SQL Server certification.
- Experience working with AF and DICE.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: