Silvergate Capital Corporation (NYSE: SI) is the leading provider of innovative financial infrastructure solutions and services for the growing digital currency industry. The Company’s real-time payments platform, known as the Silvergate Exchange Network, is at the heart of its customer-centric suite of payments, lending and funding solutions serving an expanding class of digital currency companies and investors around the world. Silvergate is enabling the rapid growth of digital currency markets and reshaping global commerce for a digital currency future. Challenging convention by empowering people allows us to exceed expectations for our clients while cultivating an awesome culture.
The SQL Server Database Administrator is the subject matter expert for database management technologies and platforms, providing technical leadership and direction for key strategic initiatives. This position will lead data planning design and support of an architecture that will support the information needs of the enterprise in a flexible but secure environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer and control activities related to data planning and repository requirements, data dictionaries, and warehousing requirements to develop and design database strategies and information systems monitoring
- Build database schemas, tables, and dictionaries conforming to industry standards
- Create functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development
- ETL (extract, transform, load) workflow management
- Responsible for developing PowerBI dashboards and reports using PowerBI Report Builder to meet the needs of stakeholders ranging from production staff to executives
- Responsible for writing complex SQL Server queries using SSMS
- Work with SQL and other database access tools and methods to address business requirements while maintaining control, integrity, and accessibility of data
- Capacity for developing PowerBI dashboards and reports using PowerBI Report Builder to meet the needs of stakeholders ranging from production staff to executives
- Provides support to other internal teams on database functions including maintenance, development and performance enhancement
- Possess working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and data warehouse front-end tools
- Continuously increase data coverage by working closely with subject matter experts to automate and streamline reporting across the organization
- Lead on technical projects including analysis, planning and developing requirements and standards
- Communicate complex information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Oversee troubleshooting of system issues
- Assist in developing and maintaining data standards, data flows, new data requirement specifications, and test cases for QA
- Collaborate with leadership to create and promote a data-driven culture
- Support audits and data quality reviews
- Researches and evaluates software, system upgrades and enhancements, and provides technical recommendations. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goal
- Maintain current knowledge of all federal and state laws and regulations, along with the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Not to harm consumers with any act that could be misleading, unfair, deceptive, or abusive in act or practice
- Must adhere to the company’s core values of Challenge Convention, Do What’s Right, Take Ownership, Empower People, Exceed Expectations, and Cultivate Awesome all while keeping our “Why?” front of mind. Our Why? Silvergate is the banking platform for innovators, and we believe in the power of entrepreneurs to create prosperity for our communities
- Provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to the MIS reporting team.
- Subject matter expert in the development of the information systems roadmap as means to ensure the organization has the proper reporting software and infrastructure
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of Database Admin experience working in a SQL Server environment
- Experience with both hosted and cloud based services including Azure and AWS
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016+ and Azure SQL
- Strong SQL and C# experience
- PowerBI experience a plus
- Experience working with high availability and server tuning including parameters, resources, contention, etc.
- Effective written and oral communication
- The ability to establish and maintain cooperatives and effective working relationships with other
- Ability adapt quickly and to balance between attention to detail and strategic vision
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
BANK SECRECY ACT REQUIREMENTS
Responsible for adhering to the reporting and recordkeeping requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering rules and regulations, observing economic sanctions by prohibiting transactions as specified by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), following the Company’s customer identification program (CIP) rules, observing all Company policies and procedures relating to BSA, OFAC, CIP, and related acts, and participation in ongoing related training.
Standard office environment with a moderate noise level.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Required to sit for long periods and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to communicate with customer and co workers verbally and in writing.
- Able to read documents, computer screens, reports, other communications and have the ability to adjust focus and close vision.
Management reserves the right to add to, change and revise this description at any time. This description does not include any marginal functions that are incidental to the essential functions. Also, it does not imply that these are the only tasks to be performed by the incumbent. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related tasks requested by their supervisor. Any requirement may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Silvergate is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vet
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: