Owl Labs is seeking a Looker Business Intelligence Developer. The BI Developer will have the opportunity to work with key partners across the business and will be crucial to the success of our teams’ growth. You will work with various departments and interact with colleagues throughout all levels of the company. This is the perfect role for someone looking to join a startup environment, grow their data skillset, support internal collaboration, and encourage a data-driven work culture.
What You’ll Do
As Looker BI Developer, you will be responsible for managing Owl Labs' self-service analytics and reporting within the Looker BI Platform. The ideal candidate will be someone excited to build out and expand our access to data internally, while also training and supporting team members’ knowledge of internal data. In this role you will:
- Work closely with sales, operations, product managers, and senior leadership to define key business KPI's.
- Configure complex data structures into easy to navigate looker explores.
- Create a self-service environment users will visit.
- Help users understand and explore the business and make data-informed decisions.
- Develop LookML, Looker reports, supporting Looker self-serve and training users.
- Communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- A great candidate will be excited about building out our systems/data, but also, be excited to help others get better at using our systems and tools, too.
Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field or business administration, finance, economics, or other related discipline
- 2+ years in a Business Intelligence role or similar reporting role
- 1+ years where your primary responsibility is creating self-service content within an Enterprise BI tool
- Experience using Looker, Domo, Tableau, Oracle Analytics, MicroStrategy, or Qlik
- Define requirements for engineering to ensure the data you need is delivered to the data warehouse in an automated and repeatable fashion.
- Strong analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills with demonstrable SQL experience
- Knowledge of core data warehousing concepts.
- Dashboard and report development with an eye for design
- Passion for data, automation, analytics and solving new opportunities every day.
Owl Labs is over 40% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role is a full time remote position
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
Who We Are
Owl Labs is a collaborative tech company, creating an equalized meeting and learning experience for all, wherever participants may be. Powering hybrid teams and remote work is in our DNA. Owl Labs has been a leader when it comes to celebrating and connecting hybrid teams and classrooms - meaning both in-office and remote workers, in-room students and at-home learning. We’re best known for the Meeting Owl product line, a smart 360 camera, mic, speaker all-in-one solution. Sitting in the center of the table, the Meeting Owl uses vision and voice recognition to shift the camera to focus on who’s speaking, giving all participants a feeling as if they’re in the same room. With the continued rise of hybrid teams and remote workers, our products allow for better collaboration and productivity no matter your location.
Our award-winning product, the Meeting Owl Pro, has been recognized by CES Innovation Awards 2020, Red Dot Design Awards 2020, SXSW Innovation Awards 2020 and our team recognized as an Inc. Best Workplaces 2020 and the esteemed Inc.’s Editor’s List.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: