Shape the world of health care by joining UPMC! As a leader in the industry, we are committed to enhancing the lives of all who are a part of our community. Without our employees, we would not be able to innovate health care for our patients and health plan members. From hospitals to our corporate office, all UPMC employees impact our mission of creating life changing medicine. To continue our tradition of excellence, we are in search for a Analytics Data Integration Developer Senior to join this community as well.
The Analytics Data Integration Developer Senior creates highly complex programming, data set infrastructure, and other advanced technical processes to integrate healthcare data elements from disparate sources throughout the UPMC enterprise. This integration results in a layer of information that fuels health economics activities including strategic analysis, predictive modeling, and clinical program evaluation.
This position offers flexible work arrangements.
- Investigate data errors/variances and derive solutions with appropriate follow-up monitoring.
- Make recommendations for optimal data extraction, manipulation, and integration methodologies based upon research and analysis.
- Maintain up-to-date information on status and effort related to each project.
- Maintain policies and procedures of the team/department.Assist team leadership with distribution and monitoring of work assignments.
- Develop high-complexity integrated data sets to support analysis, data science, clinical operations, and decision support activities.
- Coordinate ongoing communication with other departments in order to manage information integrity and maintain cross-department processes.
- Perform validation and ensure quality standards for high-complexity data sets created by fellow team members.
- Assist with orientation and process-specific training of new staff members.
- Provide technical consultation and act as reference point to peers, other business areas, senior leadership and external customers.
- Adopt and promote best practices, tools, and methods set by team/department leadership.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with internal UPMC health Plan departments, and external contacts as appropriate.
- Meet deadlines and turnaround times set by supervisor. (These deadlines will, at times, require the employee to work until the project is completed, meaning extended daily work hours, extended work weeks, or both.)
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree in information systems, data management, healthcare management, business, or related field.
- Master's or other advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of work experience in information technology, healthcare, business, or research is required
- Extensive experience with extraction and manipulation of large, complex data sets is required.
- Extensive experience managing/preparing data sets for use in analysis, modeling, or business operations is required
- Experience in health insurance or healthcare industry is preferred, but those with relevant experience in other industries may be considered.
- Experience and high technical proficiency in SQL and/or SAS programming is required.
- Experience with other programming languages used in data science (such as R) is valuable.
- Extensive experience in other programming languages may be considered.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (particularly Excel) is required.
- Experience with data visualization tools (such as Tableau, QlikView, or PowerBI) is valuable
- .Experience with geo-mapping software (such as ArcGIS) is valuable.Advanced problem-solving skills are required.
- The ability to effectively communicate issues and results, verbally and in writing, is required.
- The ability to use effective time management skills, including prioritization multiple tasks, is necessary for success.Attention to detail is critically important in this role.Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, ambiguous/fluid environment.
- A strong customer/stakeholder focus is expected at all times.
- The successful Analytics Data Integration Developer is a team player that displays professionalism at all times.
- Ability to work extra hours if required.Experience in a supervisor role is preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: