Who You Are and What You'll Do:
You are a Database Developer with 2-4 years of experience creating and tuning SQL queries, views, and stored procedures, and developing large volume ETL process for data conversions and data jobs. You also have solid experience with hands-on design and implementation of high demand, scalable, data-driven solutions using PostgreSQL.
As a Database Developer, you will serve as a major contributor to the development, maintenance, and reporting solutions for loyalty reward programs. The role includes batch job development for extracts and in-database processes, data discovery and ETL conversion for onboarding new clients, movement of data from real-time systems to warehouses and marts, and performance tuning with other developers to make the most of our high volume databases. In this role, you'll have a broad range of duties and tasks and be a trusted partner to developers, testers, and clients at working with large data sets of highly varied data.
Your Day to Day:
- Design and deploy new import and extract jobs.
- Drive data discovery, mapping, and data conversion/migration efforts.
- Participate in troubleshooting data quality issues and develop solutions for our development teams and clients.
- Work with software developers and QA to tune and maintain queries, indexes, and procedures.
- Integrate data from many sources including clients, partners, internal systems, and analytic models to form a base for marketers to increase engagement with customers.
- Understand data warehouses and marts, including cloud based solutions.
- Provide assistance to Report Developers and Data QA testers.
- Work closely with Development, QA, and Production DBAs with large volumes of data, in multiple databases, in a multi-environment infrastructure. Contribute independently while functioning as a member of a high-performing team.
- Provide leadership establishing and teaching Database standards, continue building your design and development skills with teammates on some of the highest volume brands in the US.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience to Be Successful in This Role:
- 2-4 years of experience in creating and maintaining SQL queries, views, stored procedures and functions working with large volumes of data.
- 2-4 years of experience in database development using PostgreSQL.
- Experience with SQL performance tuning and optimization, especially with partitioning, and with PCI or other audited environments.
- Hands-on design and implementation of high-demand, scalable solutions.
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong written, verbal and customer service skills.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience to Help You Stand out as a Candidate:
- Data mapping, data profiling, and data discovery techniques and tools are a plus.
- Experience with Snowflake Cloud database or other Big Data cloud database systems is a plus.
- Experience with scheduling automation like Automate Schedule or Cron is a plus.
- Experience using code management tools like git is a plus.
- Experience working with Java EE or working directly with Java Developers is a plus.
- Experience in database development using Oracle is a plus.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting