Remote work is the biggest workplace revolution in history. Nothing will deliver a higher quality of life upgrade in the next decade. The biggest challenge is in providing the core infrastructure that makes going remote easy for companies. Firstbase helps companies setup, manage, maintain and retrieve all the physical equipment remote workers need to do great work at home.
We're a small and fully distributed team, currently spanning from the US to Belgium and we take pride in our ability to function as an effective remote-first organization.
We offer market-rate salaries (including equity), a home office (via Firstbase), insurance, as many books as you could ever hope to read, and a tight-knit group of people passionate about creating for the future of work.
Salary: Market Salary plus equity
Reporting to: VP of Operations
Ask us anything: email@example.com
About the Role:
The operations team are the "get it done team" driving Firstbase. Our clients are asking us to solve the most difficult challenges behind supporting remote work and we are the one's who are tasked with solving these problems with scalable solutions
We are seeking an operations superstar to launch and manage our EU fulfillment operations and supply chain. You will be point person setting up and managing all of our relationships with our 3PL's and our vendors in the EU and UK.
This person has launched markets for companies before and is fanatical about thinking through requirements, blockers, and project plans to launch. You are resourceful enough to solve problems with an MVP solution while you work with our developers for the long term tech enabled solution.
This is an opportunity to craft the operating system to support the future of work. If you are passionate about strategizing and implementing operations programs that champion automation, reporting, and believe that the customer experience can always be improved, this is the job for you!
The right candidate should be highly proficient in operations for e-commerce businesses including inventory, supply chain, order lifecycles, and vendor management and communication (EDI/API integrations). A successful candidate will also be able to build reporting dashboards in excel and has excellent written and verbal communication skills (good documentation goes a long way in remote organizations).
- Assess our processes and logistics set up to date, and
- Create and own metrics surrounding IT and furniture fulfillment, inventory, and vendors
- Make recommendations based on data for the optimal logistics setup for Firstbase
- Building robust dashboards/reporting and spreadsheet models to automate and organize order processing and fulfillment
- Hire: This is a growth role with the opportunity to hire and manage a team. After building a roadmap and plan, you will be empowered to hire the right people to help us get there.
- Meet with the VP of Operations and VP of Sales to understand upcoming pipelines for users and inventory and determine physical space constraints and implications
- Meet with the VP of Operations and CTO to scope and prioritize technology tools to help automate inventory ordering, vendor orders, and customer order fulfillment. Every piece of technology we build translates into a better customer experience so solving problems today is great, but solving problems for good is the gold standard
You may be a good fit if you:
- Live in the UK
- 5-10 years of work experience, with 3 years minimum experience in operations role at a tech/tech enabled company or startup
- Willingness to travel to warehouse locations that we stand up to review any issues and help troubleshoot problems
- Proven experience launching new markets for companies
- Experience setting up and managing relationships with 3rd party logistics providers
- Experience running efficient and error free logistics, supply chain, and fulfilment operations
- E-commerce experience and a proven track record scaling operations processes using technology
- Experience building robust spreadsheet models and reporting dashboards from scratch, familiarity with SQL, Looker, Tableau, a plus
- Strong communication skills, a culture of escalating issues, an ability to be brutally honest about concerns while maintaining a resilience and solution oriented approach to daily challenges
- Bonus: Founder experience or prior experience working in a startup environment with many competing priorities and a high degree of freedom
We’re committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply regardless of your location, background, race, gender, sexual orientation or any other personally defining attribute. We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: