MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you're checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan, or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used every day. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments, and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
MariaDB will offer you the ability to work with a broad range of customers, from SMBs to F500 accounts, and to leverage your creativity to help us find new routes to market for our open-source, enterprise, and cloud database offerings. You will have the unique opportunity to work in a rapidly growing startup and make a major impact on MariaDB's revenue targets.
The global sales enablement manager is responsible for defining and leading the sales enablement efforts at MariaDB and will be working closely with sales, sales operations, marketing, and product management to ensure strategic alignment with all functions. Key goals for this new role are to ensure that the sales team has a consistent understanding of MariaDB's value proposition and the ability to articulate product benefits to successfully de-position our competition resulting in pipeline development and quota attainment. The successful candidate will be a highly organized sales enablement professional who has experience successfully defining, developing, and running similar initiatives.
Reporting to the Global Director, Sales Operations, this critical role requires best-in-class facilitation & presentation skills, deep expertise in sales enablement, and experience developing and executing innovative sales enablement solutions. You'll be empowered to find new ways to elevate the capabilities of our sales leaders and teams. You will be instrumental in refining our sales playbook, taking new products and functionality to market, on-boarding new hires, and contributing to the positive direction of the revenue engine of MariaDB.
- Plan and execute sales training programs covering sales methodology, product understanding, and positioning, that are repeatable, well documented, and include success metrics
- Design, implement and manage the global Sales continuous learning program to efficiently and effectively ramp sales new hires across a spectrum of roles and geos, as well as grow their selling skills, product knowledge, and industry awareness
- Coach and mentor sales individuals to ensure chosen sales methodology is understood and utilized to improve pipeline and quota attainment on an ongoing basis
- Develop a programmatic approach to analyze and identify successful repeatable sales patterns, including win and loss analysis, in the curriculum for pre-sales and sales
- Establish a feedback loop with concrete suggestions for improvement of positioning of MariaDB products to product marketing and product management.
- Extensive knowledge of sales enablement technologies, processes, and best practices
- Extensive knowledge of modern sales methodologies, sales processes, and buyer's journey alignment
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills. This job requires exceptional interpersonal skills
- 5+ years of experience in Sales Enablement, Product Marketing, Training or similar
- Experience developing new sales onboarding training, role-plays, online courses, etc.
- Experience enabling database or data management technology
- Organized/Structural thinker
- Thorough attention to detail
- Self-starter, curious, helpful
- Energetic, positive, outgoing
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Experience in fast-growth, SaaS startup environments highly desired
- SFDC and other GTM tech stack proficiency
What's in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You'll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunities employer.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: