The Conference Exchange (https://www.confex.com), located in Cumberland, RI is looking for a Systems/Ops Engineer. You will be part of a small team that is responsible for hardware maintenance, systems monitoring, deployment & development of our servers and infrastructure software. Our stack is primarily Perl, Mysql, & Nginx for now, but changing as we embrace modern operations practices.
This is a full-time, salaried employee position, remotely working during COVID-19 and the option exists for this position to be remote going forward.
Who we are:
- Our mission is to help associations (and other groups) collect, organize, and share the latest scientific and professional information in their fields.
- We work with a diverse set of clients across a wide spectrum of human knowledge.
Who we are looking for:
- Successful candidates will be fluent with writing code, digging into systems internals, and following devops best practices.
- This position requires one to wear many hats, and to be comfortable working with both technical and non-technical coworkers.
- 3+ years of professional software, devops, or systems engineering experience
- 3+ years of Linux experience in a professional setting
- 3+ years of RDBMS experience (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Broad experience "Self-hosting" and deploying Open Source web applications
- Experience with on-call systems responsibilities, and escalation when necessary
- TCP/IP networking
- Perl & Bash programming experience, or ability to develop experience within first year.
- Broad experience to prototype new systems and services
- Willing to dig into and problem-solve high-prioirty issues as they arise, while also respectfully engaging other team members
Bonus points for experience with:
- Nginx and/or Apache
- Go and/or Rust
- SSH advanced usage (Agent, Connection forwarding, key management)
- Git advanced usage
- Wireguard, TINC, or OpenVPN
- Hashicorp products (Consul, Terraform, Nomad, Vault)
- Linux KVM
- Video encoding/processing
- X.509 Certificate Management (SSl/TLS, ACME, LetsEncrypt, CA Hierarchy)
What we offer:
- Competitive, market-based compensation
- Health benefits
- Vision/dental/life insurance
- 401k matching
- Generous PTO structure
- Respectful, team-oriented culture (one for all, and all for one)
- Job satisfaction knowing you will be helping humanity expand our collection of human knowledge
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Fully Remote
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: