Senior Project Manager
At SumTotal, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
The Senior Project Manager responsibilities are focused on the delivery and implementation of SumTotal Systems' suite of products to enable our customer’s anticipated business outcomes. This position leads the implementation of enterprise wide HCM solutions for our customers, and also oversees implementations provided by our partner network on behalf of our customers. Functional understanding of software, project management methodology and industry best practices. Focus on quality, with a firm grip on budget and schedule management. This role works on multiple projects with different size organizations. Exhibits leadership traits, provides on-going mentoring, capable of implementing most complex customer projects with unique requirements, leads large internal initiatives.
- Manage multiple mid-sized to complex concurrent projects.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Book and utilize resources to ensure successful project completion.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage project scope, costs, and timelines. Ensuring projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget.
- Consistently and successfully anticipates the unexpected. Proactively spot, analyze and prevent project issues. Effectively identify project risk and plan mitigation steps, by maintaining risks and issue logs.
- Work with PMO to set up projects, manage staffing, and billing activities in the PSA/Project Server.
- Manage regular updates to project data in PSA/Project Server.
- Develop project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Create and maintain detailed project plans using MS Project or other tools. Ability to draft complex project plans from scratch.
- Manage the relationship with all client stakeholders.
- Successfully monitor stage and production cutovers, customer readiness and go live.
- Conduct Post Go live project reviews and document lessons learned.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement initiatives, by identifying gaps in process and recommending solutions.
- Mentor and coach new Project Managers and assist Practice Director in areas like:
- Own and manage Professional Service Requests (PSRs).
- Creating SOW/Change Orders.
- Partner Management.
- Ability to create & recommend add on services, based on market intelligence and perceived customer needs.
- Generate additional and ongoing revenue opportunities with currently assigned projects and customer base.
- Development/documentation of Proposals and/or Statement of Work (SOW) and/or change orders.
- Demonstrated client relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to define and document gap analysis and propose solutions.
- Able to plan & prioritize own workload to meet conflicting, varied and demanding deadlines.
- Planning and organizational skills to determine what needs to be done to deliver multiple projects with defined timescales, and to ensure this happens.
- Excellent communication, presentation & organizational skills. Strong customer-facing presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to project confidence to help customers make right decisions, utilizing the SumTotal and industry best practices.
- Ability to engage with prospective customers, during the scope discovery phase.
- Ability to drive the discussion towards controlling project scope and schedules.
- Ability to motivate and lead cross-functional teams and professionals of all levels.
- Ability to continuously improve and receive positive feedback from customers and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and successfully complete project with complex customer requirements.
- PMP certification (Required) or Prince2 certification or Managing Successful Programs (MSP) certification
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office suite (Office 365), Microsoft Project.
- Experience with usage of tools like: Salesforce (SFDC), OpenAir (PSA), MS Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive desirable.
- Extensive experience with HCM platforms - Experience in Learning Management or Talent Management and / or Workforce Management Solutions / Payroll solution implementations.
- German Language (Preferred, not necessary).
This role is home based in the UK. Once allowed there will be some travel to customers (approx 10-30%).
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: