Applications Specialist V
Goldbelt Hawk designs develop and implement comprehensive solutions for problem spaces including computer security, scalable architectures, advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, and network/data center operations. Specializing in incident response at the local and enterprise-wide levels as well as forensic analysis, our personnel deliver threat analysis and reporting while implementing solutions based on mature planning and development practices.
Goldbelt Hawk has an immediate need for Application and Database Support and is seeking to fill the position of Applications Specialist V for The Department of the Interior (DOI) Indian Affairs (IA) in Albuquerque, NM.
The Applications Specialist V will be responsible to ensure that the tasks required of the performance-based statement of work (PBSOW) are complete and deliverables are executed on time, and to the satisfaction of the Task Lead, Project Manager, and government customer. OIMT supports numerous administrative and business-related applications for DOI/IA. Applications and database support include programming, reports, database maintenance, MS SharePoint development support, workstation connectivity, user support, end-user training, and user account administration.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide database design assistance for system enhancements and application support, including logical data modeling, normalizing, and physical table design.
- Provide assistance in coding, testing, and implementing database programming capabilities, including functions, packages, procedures, constraints, and triggers.
- Maintain operational programs, and the database architecture according to industry standards (including security in accordance with NIST and DOI Guidelines).
- Conduct application maintenance work on programs and modules.
- Confer with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements
- Prepare detailed specifications as determined, analyzing current and new systems from which code will be written.
- Generate new code and correct, convert, and/or modify existing code to meet specifications within the operational environment when required to maintain operational availability using all appropriate change management procedures and processes.
- Ensure all operational environments are in compliance with security technical implementation guides (STIGs).
- Provide input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
- Perform a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyze test results, and correct problems.
- Prepare reports on analysis, findings, and project progress, and present results to management and/or customer personnel.
- Perform research on emerging technologies to determine the impact on application execution.
- Analyze and determine information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities of the applications.
- Maintain, upgrade and develop screens and reports, and design database architecture and work processes.
- Coordinate new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data structure within the DOI/IA applications.
- Develop, maintain, and modify current and future versions of all DOI/IA MS SharePoint server portals.
- Design, develop, maintain, and manage site content and capabilities of DOI/IA portals.
- Meet with clients and/or OIMT Management to discuss the needs and design of MS SharePoint site development to meet the client’s vision.
- Design, develop, and implement different MS SharePoint application and collaboration interfaces to meet the needs of the government.
- Interpret customer reporting requirements and develop and analyze the most appropriate approach to solve complex reporting problems.
- Plan, develop, test, and document highly complex reports using the products such as Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools (2008 +), Oracle Reports, Oracle Discovery, Visual Studio .Net (2010 +), Business Objects (Crystal Reports), PL/SQL Developer, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Word.
- Analyze and determine information needs and elements; data relationships and attributes; and data output and reporting capabilities of all applications within the DOI/IA.
- Provide MS SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL Database management support services to include both end-user support activities and technical database support activities, such as troubleshooting and configuration.
- Standardize all databases on the MS SQL Server and Oracle platforms with Windows 2012 (or higher version).
- Provide data entry, storage, and retrieval techniques and technologies; integrate databases into software systems; and provide database application analysis, design, development, configuration, and management specializing in MS SQL Server, Oracle architecture.
- Migrate legacy systems into emerging enterprise systems development and modernize legacy systems into web-enabled or application publishing in Active Directory applications.
- Support projects involving any new or existing database implementations that require access to a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) or will exchange data with an RDBMS that have any impact on the existing or planned systems.
- Assist in making changes to production databases, such as creating new accounts, scheduling jobs, password changes, and modifications to server configurations.
- Schedule and run database jobs; develop and run customized and ad hoc reports; and support data extraction and manipulation requests
Necessary Skills and Knowledge:
- Has working knowledge of another programming/scripting languages such as Java, PHP, and Python.
- Has knowledge of principles and techniques of computer programming, testing, debugging, implementation and documentation.
- Has experience with analysis and design.
- Has excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentations).
- Has excellent organization, analytical, planning, and scheduling skills. Has the ability to resolve highly complex problems.
- Has experience with financial processes analysis and modification
- Self-starter who can work with a large and diverse team of business, management, and IT individuals.
- Has experience working as a member of a large project team.
- Has experience with Enterprise Level Application Development spanning two or more business areas.
- Associates Degree or combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years required with additional experience as a programmer analyst and a minimum of 2 years of experience in visual basic .NET and C#.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: