At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in action—giving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side. Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka®.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Team
At Confluent, the Developer Productivity team’s vision is to empower engineers to develop and deliver Confluent Platform into the cloud and on-premise with the highest efficiency and quality. We are passionate about building comprehensive systems, automated tools and extensible frameworks that facilitate the entire development and release lifecycle.
As a software engineer on this team you will have direct impact on our core products by
designing and implementing build automation, packaging and containerization solutions for all products. Building the end-to-end CI/CD deployment pipeline for automatic deployment and release of both cloud and on-premise platform. Designing and developing the distributed testing framework and infrastructure to perform extensive integration, performance and resiliency testing at scale. Identifying and solving inefficiencies with tools to improve productivity (while enjoying automating everything). Defining standardized practices to champion great engineering culture across the company.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For:
- Working knowledge of source control management systems such as Git.
- Experience with build frameworks (e.g. Maven, Gradle, etc.)
- Experience in automating releases, continuous integration/continuous deployment systems, and relevant tools (e.g. Jenkins, Semaphore CI, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management systems, infrastructure as code tools, and secrets management (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Vault, etc.)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Working knowledge of databases, caching, and messaging systems (MySql, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Voldemort, Kafka, etc.)
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
More jobs by this company
16 d ago