Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
Job Title: Corporate Analytics Technical Intern
Department: Corporate Analytics
Status: Part Time Internship (@20hr/week)
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Corporate Analytics Technical Analyst Intern will participate and support in ETL, software development, SQL, analyzing data, developing visualizations, and interacting with Health Catalyst’s internal departments to empower meaningful improvements in Health Catalyst’s business processes. The position will work to help Health Catalyst create a cutting-edge industry analytics infrastructure that measures performance of all aspects of the company’s operations. The Intern will leverage the internal data warehouse to perform these duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Write code to pull data from various API’s using Python
- Help set up and maintain various ETL process for an internal data warehouse.
- Help identify, prioritize, and guide internal, data-guided process improvement analyses across all Health Catalyst functional groups.
- Code and construct analyses and data visualizations to expose operational data internally.
- Basic to Intermediate Programming
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- General business and operations knowledge
- Analytical mindset and attention to detail
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of employees.
- Ability to manage and work with sensitive information.
- High level of self-motivation; comfortable working under general direction
Desired Skills (Skills that can be learned on the job)
- Intermediate experience in programing (Python is preferred)
- Understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Knowledge of database processes, technologies, and tools
- General understanding of good coding practices, analytics, and statistics
Education & Relevant Experience
- Pursuing a BS/BA or graduate degree in computer science or information-related field (MSIS, Statistics)
- Minimum of three years active coding experience.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst .
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: