Job Title: Remedy Developer (Remote)
Duration: 4+ Month Contract, likely extension
Location: Englewood, CO (Remote)
Position Summary: Engineer responsible for supporting and resolving customer facing application issues with BMC Action Request System and ITSM Suite of applications. Provide integrations with network tools. Essential Job Functions Position requires staffing of 40 scheduled hours per week to ensure coast-to-coast support, as well as overnight on-call support for the duration of one week (seven days) out of six to eight weeks (typically, low volume). Engineer is responsible for resolving workflow/transaction and troubleshooting errors across related backend systems. Position will require understanding of data flows in order to effectively escalate to other teams or departments as needed. This position is also responsible for monitoring system issues that may be causing chronic errors to identify widespread issues and means of prevention.
Job Requirements: The position of Systems Engineer II requires an experienced individual with excellent technical and communication skills, a strong sense of responsibility, a motivated self-starter with strong ability to work independently and a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member. The team member must be able to work under tight deadlines, and have strong problem-solving abilities with a service-oriented focus. The candidate will be required to successfully perform the following functions:
- Technical support and general troubleshooting of BMC Action Request System and associated ITSM applications, Oracle databases and more.
- Provide support for internally developed applications.
- Provide support to internal employees/teams, including NOC, Customer Care, Product Management and others. * Familiarity with databases, particularly Oracle.
- Demonstrable understanding around specifying requirements for and/or implementation of system health tools, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments
- Familiarity with deployment methodologies and tools for application code
- Handle personally identifiable information (PII) and customer proprietary network information (CPNI) with good judgment and discretion.
- Communicate effectively with management.
- Function across multiple internal groups and departments.
- Overnight on-call shifts for one week out of six to eight weeks.
- General familiarity with Linux and UNIX systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with system monitoring, and day-to-day operations.
- Experience with systems and services designed to support multi-million customers is highly desired.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Related Work Experience
- 3 years of experience with BMC Action Request System
- 2 years of experience with BMC Remedy ITSM Suite of applications including Service Request
- 2 years of experience with any scripting language
- BMC Remedy Action Request certifications
- BMC Action Request System customized applications
- Experience with integrations with networking tools, i. e., NetCool, Resolve
- Experience with data analysis and reporting
- Experience with Perl, Java, shell scripting and other scripting languages
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Remedy : 4 years (Required)
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: